Your input?

I just got an idea for a show concept, but I don't know how well it would translate to the football field.

My idea was a drum corps adaptation of my favorite movie, "The Shawshank Redemption."

This film, and the story it's based off of, are of great depth and symbolism. A lot of it is difficult to interpret on its own, and I can't imagine how one could make it work in a drum corps show.

Does anyone have any ideas? I value anyone's input.

IMO, this would not work well because the novella and movie are very slow-paced and all about biding your timing. Fast action sequences and impacts that add "pop" to drum corps shows would be out of place here.

IMO, this would not work well because the novella and movie are very slow-paced and all about biding your timing. Fast action sequences and impacts that add "pop" to drum corps shows would be out of place here.

I have to agree..too slow. Movie is definitely in my top 5 though.

You're probably right. Of course, it could turn out to be one of those "groundbreaking" shows. It'll be the first ever 3 hour-long drum corps performance.

Will the guard be costumed as "The Sisters"? :thumbup: