SCV 2011

In 2009, Santa Clara did Aaron Copeland's Appalachian Spring.

In 2010, they took a 180 degree turn and did the music of Bela Bartok.

Question is, where will they take us in 2011? A lighter show like "Martha?" Or a darker, "Bartok" like show? Or a medium between the two, or yet another completely different show?

Personally, I'd love to see them do the music of "Love Never Dies" due to their success with "Phantom of the Opera." But thats just my .02, what do you think?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't consider anything a 180 turn between 2009 and 2010. Both were wonderfully faithful arrangements to standard, popular, classical pieces played in concerts and pop concerts all over the world year after year.

I hope for more.

I didn't consider anything a 180 turn between 2009 and 2010. Both were wonderfully faithful arrangements to standard, popular, classical pieces played in concerts and pop concerts all over the world year after year.

I hope for more.

What I meant was a 180 in terms of style in their sources. Seeing as they went from an upbeat "whistleable" Martha to a "darker" Bartok.

hoping for another storytelling show like 04...that was AMAZING

hoping for another storytelling show like 04...that was AMAZING

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'd like to see a return to the Russian style shows. 87 was a helluva ride. There's alot more Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky, Rimsky-Korsakov, Gretchaninov, Mussorgsky, etc ... to explore. Would be nice to see them back in white pants with the red stripe FTW!!!!!!!

Id be fine with either of those.

I've got to agree with the Russian theme...no one does the Russian rep better than SCV. And the White pants...they're sorely missed in DCI. Can't hide in white...and only Phantom and Cadets and Crown are brave enough to go that route -

I've said elsewhere the Romeo and Juliet by Prokofiev is long overdue...SCV (sans bass synth...) could do this justice -

Or the 3rd Piano Concerto (Prokofiev) - or the 2nd movt. of his 5th Symphony - or some Borodin Symphony portions...so much from which to choose!

I've got to agree with the Russian theme...no one does the Russian rep better than SCV. And the White pants...they're sorely missed in DCI. Can't hide in white...and only Phantom and Cadets and Crown are brave enough to go that route -

I've said elsewhere the Romeo and Juliet by Prokofiev is long overdue...SCV (sans bass synth...) could do this justice -

Or the 3rd Piano Concerto (Prokofiev) - or the 2nd movt. of his 5th Symphony - or some Borodin Symphony portions...so much from which to choose!

shoot, i'd be JUST as happy w/ more Russian... i LOVE that music and LOOOOOOVVVEEEE hearing SCV play it...i do think white pants would be FTL in stead of FTW, though