Thoughts on Scranton

West Chester was never that bad in my experience. When I was there we were told that we had to be there, said "OK" and then went to Drum Corps anyway. :)

It was actually Rutgers band camp, not WCU.

Price we pay for being younger than we used to.

I guess the Rutgers BD has to look out for his own best interest. And if Marching Band is a credit class, you probably have to be there. Too bad there isnt more of a compromise (excused on Saturday, but there on Sunday). Tough choices.

Then again, the first game is against Norfolk State on Thursday night, just before DCA weekend....so, even by accident, the Rutgers contingent WILL BE at DCA.

That'll work :lookaround:

Edited by wishbonecav

West Chester was never that bad in my experience. When I was there we were told that we had to be there, said "OK" and then went to Drum Corps anyway. :)

It was actually Rutgers band camp, not WCU.

I was about to say, BITD with WCU, we'd all show up to camp a couple of days late from Sun, Westshore, Crossmen, Cavies, Madison, Archie, the Bucs, and Cadets, learn the show inside half a day, and honk off all the other kids, LOL.

At least Wells understood the situation, and I'd think Andy still does.

ah WCU must have band camp. Shore had that issue years ago...nothing like 11 holes the week before finals.

great review!

WCU didn't start until Sunday evening -

yeah that must have changed. i know in the mid 90's they weren't fun to deal with

He always said we had to be there, but never gave us any grief when we didn't. Kinda turning a blind eye to it maybe?

Sounds like John.

Here's my guess as to why he did it:

When some of the momos who were part of the band (the ones who come from HS programs where the most tasking part of the show is making the drill of a trumpet and making the valves go up and down- they ARE there at WCU- I made that comment as a joke BITD, got a LOAD of laughter, and someone said- 'what'ss wrong with that, we did that last year at my HS and it was cool!'...) griped and whined to John, "Why do we have to be here and we have these holes, and they don't have to be here like I do..." John could say "I told them they needed to be here, and I'll have a talk with them when they get here about it." to shut up the whiners. Plausible deniablility, LOL.