Mini Corps Placement Predictions....(Just for fun...)

See...that's my problem...I presume EVERY compliment is for ME!

or you secretly want to live with Liz :lookaround:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Am I up for trade at DCA's this year??

:lookaround:

...and in the interest of staying ahead of the curve...WE GOT SCREWED!!!

I hardly ever agree with Strutta "ever" ..... but soloists x 2 through the entire show 2nd place ? ..... I think this should be left in I&E "individuals playing duets" !!! Ensemble playing, blend and section features, woven through the presentation is and should be what mini corps competition is all about. Oh did I forget to mention GE or programming ? Maybe if it's just GE, then it doesn't matter ...... Blow solos through the whole presentation that seems to work too !!! Go Figure ..........

What? Am I up for trade at DCA's this year??

well he has access to Chowdah :tongue:

well he has access to Chowdah :tongue:

OK then....time to up the ante.....

Way to stir the pot, Frankie!

No pressure at all on Star United to pull the Five-peat...or would that be cinco repeato?

I hope every corps puts forward the very BEST performance they're capable of and let the chips fall where they may.

For our part, I believe this year America's Mini Corps, Mass Brass has the best 'full package' show we have ever had.

(I just hope our pyrotechnics do not start a fire in the convention center...we'd hate to have burning babies thrown at us!)

Good luck to all of the competitors!

Not to mention that Mass Brass brought in a "Body Movement" girl at rehearsal yesterday! After she picked herself up from laughing so hard, we actually got a few things accomplished. Watch out for the "Groucho" move by the Sops...it rivals the "gut pull" from 05. The Sops will be doing accomplished Ballet moves while the rest of the Corps will actually be....... playing. You don't want to blink in Rochester, with our stealth moves we could be on and off the stage before you know it! The only thing that could slow us down is that we do have to play a little, but we're workin on that.

.....Seeing the Skyliners perform and get a score in the upper groups makes me wish those folks could just grow in size, add an outdoor drill, and carry the Sky name back into the competitive OPEN ranks.

Joe

Joe, just for clarification the Skyliners AluMini Corps is under the Skyliners Alumni umbrella. The full Skyliners Alumni will be performing on Sunday morning as part of the Alumni Spectacular - where the judges are in the stands.