Indianapolis Attendance

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigger than a breadbox. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

???? - Jeff - plz clarify ... just looking for a guesstimate - a beer rests on the outcome.

bunches of comps, kids with wristbands, sponsors etc..I'd day paid attendance, the number that counts was closer to the 15000 range.

I'd say paid attendance, the number that counts was closer to the 15000 range.

That's probably close, at least for semis, which was all I saw.

LOS seats 63k for football. The two end zones together are about a third of the seats, I'd guess, so that leaves 21K or so seats available on the right sideline. Only a few butts in seats on the Colts end from the 20 on out. I got a text while the Bluecoats were on that there were empty seats in 641, center top, so I watched the last two performances from there. My guesstimate would be about where Jeff's is for total attendance. Dunno about paid, but I did see a fair number of dark tanned, impossibly slim kids in the seats as well.

yeah I have no idea how many people were in the building, especially when you count sponsors in boxes with comped seats, any other freebies and kids with wirstbands.

but paid...I'd say 15ish

I seriously doubt the 27K figure, even if you add the paid and freebies. I was in 240, so it was impossible to see into the upper decks completely; my guess is total was probably in the 21-23 range, and I would tend to agree with Jeff and others that paid was probably 15-17-ish.

Here is a different take on why there might be so few people attending DCI Finals in recent years:

If you live in TX, LA, or NM and can see 'all' of the WC corps in San Antonio, why pay the extra expense to go to Indy Finals?

If you live in AL, GA, TN, SC, NC, or FL and you can see 'all' of the WC corps in Atlanta, why pay the extra expense to go to Indy Finals?

If you live in the northeast and can see 'all' of the WC corps in Allentown, why pay the extra expense to go to Indy Finals?

If you live in the northern middle States, and can see 'all' of the WC corps in Minneapolis, why pay the extra expense to go to Indy Finals?