New arranger coming to the Crossmen!

I don't see anything on the Crossmen website about this... :tongue:

If it is true, that's great, but...as I've said before about show announcements and stuff, too, I don't believe it until I see an actual announcement on the corps website.

Announced by the Crossmen on their own Facebook page so - yes it is legit.

• Like 1

Hoping for Chuck Naffier! :tongue:

Me too! :worthy:

• Like 1

I don't see anything on the Crossmen website about this... :tongue:

If it is true, that's great, but...as I've said before about show announcements and stuff, too, I don't believe it until I see an actual announcement on the corps website.

It doesn't mention Crossmen, but check out the latest news at Aaron's website.

I personally think Aaron has been one of the most creative minds for arranging. His works for Ronald Reagan HS (San Antonio) have been refreshing in the marching band world.

Good luck on your next adventure, Aaron!

Me three! Chuck wrote the best brass book the Colts have ever played, would love to hear his stuff again. C'MON CHUCK!

I'm personally very sad to see this talented arranger leave the corps! I think the style and interest he brough to the Crossmen gave them a unique and exciting edge over others. :music:

Secondly, I know from experience that consistency in a design staff and administration is what makes the program strong. Change ISN'T always good...

As for let's bring back, (insert old arranger here): ____________________ . :tongue:

Really!? No. Let's try something NEW, if we're gonna make a change, and let those from the past remain past!

Crossmen, keep pushing the envelope b/c we REALLY don't want to hear Count Bubba again....or Birdland.....or......yea you get the point! :worthy:

I don't know Aaron, I'm sure he's extremely talented, obviously is if he's working with CdS. With that said, some of the arrangements the Crossmen have had to work with the last few years haven't helped their competitive chances. I think it was pretty clear after this year they needed to try something new. Best of luck to Aaron and whoever takes over at Crossmen!

I'm personally very sad to see this talented arranger leave the corps! I think the style and interest he brough to the Crossmen gave them a unique and exciting edge over others. :music:

Secondly, I know from experience that consistency in a design staff and administration is what makes the program strong. Change ISN'T always good...

As for let's bring back, (insert old arranger here): ____________________ . :tongue:

Really!? No. Let's try something NEW, if we're gonna make a change, and let those from the past remain past!

Crossmen, keep pushing the envelope b/c we REALLY don't want to hear Count Bubba again....or Birdland.....or......yea you get the point! :worthy:

Bringing back a previously successful, highly skilled arranger does not necessarily imply bringing back previously played tunes. In fact, exactly half the shows arranged by Guidry drew from previously used source material. Either way, that's beside the point, as we all know that the arranger does not necessarily have a say in source material selection.

Personally, I disagree strongly with your opinions in every possible way. But we're all entitled to our opinions, so I will respect yours equally.

What the Crossmen need is someone who knows how to write effectively for a drum corps hornline. Writing that is idiomatic of the individual brass instruments and of the drum corps genre in general will be an instant improvement over all recent arrangements.

--A friend