A rant on the folks who think anyone who likes it is a

What a load of crap.

I said no such thing. Don't put words in my mouth, pal! :tongue:

But what you did say was:

How professional BD was .....

and that other corps should do so also .....

the implications are obvious

and BTW : this old fart supports corps and attends shows , and i thought fourteen year olds were a large part of the new marketing plan

Edited by fecontra

Proud to be a BD worshipper.

Proud to be a Cavaliers worshipper.

Proud to be a Bluecoats worshipper.

Proud to be a...

Bless all the corps and the marchers, for without them, our summers would seem barren and instead of frequenting DCP, we'd be staring at cat videos on the Internet.

But what you did say was:

How professional BD was .....

and that other corps should do so also .....

the implications are obvious

and BTW : this old fart supports corps and attends shows , and i thought fourteen year olds were a large part of the new marketing plan

You can imply whatever you want.

I never said any such thing (but I'm beginning to understand how vultures operate lol).

I hyped BD...I said that if (and I said specifically IF) this is the future, that the professionalism is the key. And that other corps should check it out.

Again...sue me.

It's my opinion, and there's nothing wrong with it. BD plays incredibly professionally for an amateur activity.

Sorry I pointed that out and thus ###### you all off so much. :tongue:

Nothing, as long as you don't label those that don't like the Blue Devils as having some sort of problem

If there were thank buttons for these posts, I would have pushed it about 500 times for this one. It's bad enough that fans of Macs and Glee get all uppity when someone doesn't like what they like, but over drum corps? Really? I love the Blue Devils, but it's crap like this thread that make it really hard to do so. News flash: People didn't like the 2010 Blue Devils show. It seems that anyone who voices that opinion gets talked at by a BD supporter like he/she is stupid. Basically, calling those of us that don't care for the show "haters" is immature and not helping your cause at all.

What a load of crap.

I said no such thing. Don't put words in my mouth, pal! :tongue:

You SAID, and this is directly from your first post of the thread:

"I hope that more corps will take on this sort of professional way of performing (and YES that includes waving to cameras and hyping the show etc...), these guys ARE "the big boys" and other corps should watch this and learn from it!"

AND you can imply this IS NOT a cut down of EVERY corps you competed against????

THIS is why there are so may vocal 'haters' of the Blue Devils on DCP!

....I had to say this....and I'm tired of being told its not so!

Proud to be a...

Bless all the corps and the marchers, for without them, our summers would seem barren and instead of frequenting DCP, we'd be staring at cat videos on the Internet.

..or watching cheese mature !

G

Proud to be a...

Is this part of that new Boo-ism religion that you were trying to start a while back, Mike?