A rant on the folks who think anyone who likes it is a

what you like or dont like is up to you, how you word it is up to you

It apparently isn't. Anytime someone posts an "anti-BD" statement all summer, this little posse has to come in the thread and tell said poster they are wrong and they just don't get it and we are "haters" because we don't care for one Blue Devils program. It's disturbing how touchy a small group of people became over one show.

It apparently isn't. Anytime someone posts an "anti-BD" statement all summer, this little posse has to come in the thread and tell said poster they are wrong and they just don't get it and we are "haters" because we don't care for one Blue Devils program. It's disturbing how touchy a small group of people became over one show.

Not a posee, not caring for a show is one thing, constant put-down is another...small group is not factual.

G

They don't seem to be the only touchy ones :tongue:

..or watching cheese mature !

G

I've moved on from cheese. Every state has a different law about when cheese matures. It was too difficult to remember which state I was in and I didn't want to risk ordering a toasted cheese somewhere and suddenly finding myself in handcuffs.

what's the big deal? this is the internet, we're all posting on an internet forum about one of the geekiest activities this side of cosplay, and we're trying to prove that we don't love a particular corps because it's "uncool"? who really cares? We're all geeks, we all love drum corps, we don't have anything to prove to anyone on this website.

He's taking over, soon we will refering to them as :

The Boo-Devils

The CaBooLiers

CaBooLina Crown

SantBoo Clara Vanguard

MadBooSon Scouts

The Boodets

The Boocoats (one word)

G

How could you forget the Boo Stars and Boo Knights? I'm starting with the obvious, breaking down people's resistance, and then moving on to the rest. Wait until you hear Scouts' rendition of "Rhapsody in Boo."

How could you forget the Boo Stars and Boo Knights? I'm starting with the obvious, breaking down people's resistance, and then moving on to the rest. Wait until you hear Scouts' rendition of "Rhapsody in Boo."

How could YOU forget the Boo Saints? Or are you just a snobby, elitist Top 12 World Class religion?

How could YOU forget the Boo Saints? Or are you just a snobby, elitist Top 12 World Class religion?

As I said, I was starting with the obvious. Besides, Blue Saints are from that other country...can't think of its name at the moment...Camaroon?

What a load of crap.

I said no such thing. Don't put words in my mouth, pal! :tongue:

Here's what you said:

I hope that more corps will take on this sort of professional way of performing (and YES that includes waving to cameras and hyping the show etc...), these guys ARE "the big boys" and other corps should watch this and learn from it!

Reads to me as calling out other corps as less than professional and not "big boys" like BD. Whether you meant it that way or not, that's how it comes across.

I'll agree that the video was very high quality, and that the show this year is very high quality. I don't agree that mugging for the camera makes a "professional" drum corps performance. And I don't think that the other corps need BD to teach them professionalism.