A rant on the folks who think anyone who likes it is a

<BD 91...a great concept but the performance level was extremely sub-par.>

Wow - you had me until this...perhaps the greatest hornline performance ever...

Then again, you may be a drummer...the 91 drum troubles were only surpassed by those of 81...

Great hornline, sure. Great guard too.

But the drumline was a train wreck. Not only could they not drum, they couldn't march either (so they brought down the scores in that way as well). Not to mention the fact that a great hornline means less when the ensemble is such a wreck because the drumline can't play with said hornline.

I loved the show, but I'm just being honest. That was a very painful year for BD (losing a pair of legendary instructors will do that to ya), and it showed in the scores. They were lucky they weren't seventh.

And 87 a rehash??? One chart doesn't equate to a rehash...no way no how...and even THEN that one chart wasn't repeated in full...the 1st half of "Spanish Dreams" was NOT from the 86 program...that repeat started with the sop duet/quartet.

True.

87 was more of a patchwork quilt. Wasn't impressed (except by the drumline...wow were they monsters!).

Has ANY corps repeated the exact same charts from a previous year? The shows I can think of that repeated the theme off the top of my head are Regiment (Spartacus)81-82, Sky Ryders (Wizard of Oz) 85-86, SCV (PotO) 88-89, and (because I was part of it), SoCal Dream (Kill Bill) 05-06...but I don't think ANY of them repeated ALL of the charts from the first year, and those they did tended to have some notable changes.

T.O. and OMT,CC from 83 BD, however, didn't have any really significant changes from 82 to 83.

Phantom had idfferent parts in 82 from 81, as did the others mentioned. even if the concept was changed, some music changed.