A rant on the folks who think anyone who likes it is a

So, I made some comments about how awesome BD's final victory gig was, and lo and behold I'm now a "BD Worshipper".

Well, no.

There have been PLENTY of BD programs I've not been happy with. Sorry to say, 07-10 have NOT been among them.

Some stuff that I disliked...

BD 83...a total rehash and not very inspired, despite an incredible drumline.

BD 87...a total rehash and not very inspired, despite an incredible drumline.

BD 89...another rehash and the drumline didn't save the day that time (despite an incredible ballad which I consider a definite "moment" in DCI history (yes, the solo was fracked, get over it!).

BD 91...a great concept but the performance level was extremely sub-par.

BD 93...just didn't sell it, pretty cool concept but they almost ended up 5th again.

BD 95...too much of a rehash, also the hornline had trouble playing in tune.

BD 97...I guess I'm on the outs with most, this show never impressed me much at all (great performance by the kids...just didn't like the overall concept).

BD 98...crappy show concept, never worked for me.

BD 2002...butchering Channel One was not cool.

BD 2005...Yowza...yuck.

BD 2006...never bought into the Godfather thing, also wasn't impressed with the drumline.

Okay, so a lot of these are drum-centric (I'm a drummer), but in any case there have been PLENTY of BD programs that I was disappointed by (and, naturally, plenty of programs I liked/loved).

I'm sure other "BD worshippers" might feel the same way (perhaps about entirely different years! who knows!?), but let's drop this whole "well, if you liked it it's ONLY BECAUSE YOU LOVE BD AND WILL NEVER SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THEM!".

NOT true. That's not true.

LOL - it has come to this ! We now have to prove we arent "kool-aid" drinkers because we like something......

How sad

Yowsa !

G

The saddest part is that we're trying to prove it to old farts and fourteen year olds!!! :tongue:

The saddest part is that we're trying to prove it to old farts and fourteen year olds!!! :tongue:

You need to get your facts straight! The Blue Devil "worshippers" comment was not in reference to liking the Blue Devils show, however, the comment was a reaction to the comment about the poster that didn't like BD's show being in a tower with a shotgun.

Is anything on DCP needed?

I have to admit, sometimes reading the threads on DCP is a lot like having bees live in your head. :tongue: