2010 Retreat

Was anyone else really bored by the fact that there were NO upsets in placement from semis to finals?

Not to mention half the crowd left as soon as 2nd place was announced

I thought it was exciting. And half the crowd leaving is a function of LOS/mid-west and it's ill-mannered, sore losers (if one of their own isn't the winner). Period!

If you want exciting and crowd interest...move it out of LOS and preferably another part of the country that knows how to act with class at one of these performance judged events!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was exciting. And half the crowd leaving is a function of LOS/mid-west and it's ill-mannered, sore losers (if one of their own isn't the winner). Period!

If you want exciting and crowd interest...move it out of LOS and preferably another part of the country that knows how to act with class at one of these performance judged events!!

Did you REALLY just slam the entire mid-west as ill-mannered sore losers? I'm from Indiana pal and I take offense at the broad brush you just painted us all with. Was that YOU that just lectured how to act with class?

I personally found 2009's entrance more entertaining. I thought this entrance was boring, albeit traditional.

I'll agree with you there. Though i was very happy to see the mass brass performance back. Was ###### they didnt do that in 09.

Like the west coast fans that booed the 2nd place east coast corps every night when it was in their neck of the woods?

(yes, i know there were other factors, but this makes about as much sense as your post does)

Did you REALLY just slam the entire mid-west as ill-mannered sore losers? I'm from Indiana pal and I take offense at the broad brush you just painted us all with. Was that YOU that just lectured how to act with class?

If the fu ##### wear it!

Of course I painted with a broad brush...how else am I supposed to get all the nics and crannies is such a large stadium. The thing to do is..when the brush comes your way (and it isn't meant for you), simply stay in your seat, listen to the announcement of the winner, applaud like the civilized person you are...and you won't get any on ya'! Pure class!

Now, if you're disgruntled because the outcome didn't go your way and you do the "LOS drag"...look out for paint!!

Uh, a lot of people leave once they've know who's won for any number of reasons. Some just want to get home or back to their hotel, some want to get out of the parking lot, some are just plain tired.

Were all the people who left early this year wearing scarlet "M"s for "Midwest" on their heads? Is that how you knew they were Midwesterners?

Wow the Devils have to be proud. That is why everyone left, they were sore losers, and have no manners. You really are unreal. :guinesssmilie: Saddest part of it all is that you probably even believe yourself.

Edited by 84skyrydr

Uh, a lot of people leave once they've know who's won for any number of reasons. Some just want to get home or back to their hotel, some want to get out of the parking lot, some are just plain tired.

Were all the people who left early this year wearing scarlet "M"s for "Midwest" on their heads? Is that how you knew they were Midwesterners?

Boo, you are far too "plugged in" to not have seen that leaving 2 WHOLE MINUTES before the announcement of the winner, has nothing to do with relieving the baby sitter. It's a performance art that is judged, therefore you wait for the results and applaud everyone who performed.

Perhaps next time you perform with the Cavie Alum (which I was ga ga over, by the way!)... and the fans leave at a moment that is reserved for "your" recognition of achievement (old and feeble as you are :guinesssmilie: )..you might understand what the BD kids might have seen and felt from the field. Poor taste, and wholesale retreat from the dignity of what should be a memorable event for everyone...including the age outs at BD.

I was unaware of the Midwest "M's", but I'll look for them next year! :music:

Wow the Devils have to be proud. That is why everyone left, they were sore losers, and have no manners. You really are unreal. :guinesssmilie: Saddest part of it all is that you probably even believe yourself.

Read post #28! And look out for the paint!

If the fu ##### wear it!

Of course I painted with a broad brush...how else am I supposed to get all the nics and crannies is such a large stadium. The thing to do is..when the brush comes your way (and it isn't meant for you), simply stay in your seat, listen to the announcement of the winner, applaud like the civilized person you are...and you won't get any on ya'! Pure class!

Now, if you're disgruntled because the outcome didn't go your way and you do the "LOS drag"...look out for paint!!

Then I would suggest that you should have addressed it specifically to those that did the LOS drag and not make a general statement about us mid-westerners being ill-mannered sore losers that haven't a clue about class.

I understand your frustration but take it out on those that offended you.