Southern percussion placement (shocking)

CCBD05

I'll tell ya, over here on the Eastern Shore of MD there's a LOT of southerners "roun' these here parts". (And they don't cottin' much to my "Yankee" accent either! :guinesssmilie: )

:music:

You know, I lived in Northern Virginia. I couldn't find a good bowl of grits or a sweet tea to save my life. (for the fake southern food)

There were a couple of Copeland's restaurants (institutionalized, somewhat authentic sort-of Cajun food), but actually finding authentic southern food seemed to be a chore.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I lived in Northern Virginia. I couldn't find a good bowl of grits or a sweet tea to save my life. (for the fake southern food)

Heh...Northern Virginia is in its own world. Probably should be a separate state from the rest of Virginia. LOL.

Marching a indoor drumline has a lot to do with it :music:

Be careful what you say. The Reaper may come for you. :guinesssmilie:

You missed one.....it is REALLY hot in Atlanta in the middle of the summer. LOL

Note: The upcoming comment is in regards to statements made by **PREVIOUS** Gold management and in **NO WAY** reflects on the current staff/management or mascot of the field corps.

A number of years ago when DCA South was first cranking up, Gold decided not to compete in the Southern circuit in any way, citing that they were not a DCA South (i.e. Southern) corps. We tried like fire to keep them around, but their staff and management offered that it was much cheaper for them to compete in the NE as a NE corps rather than a Southern Corps (nevermind Shenandoah coming to freaking EVERYTHING since the beginning, and they're further away...but I digress).

They, by their own actions and admission, are not a Southern corps and don't compete in the Southern circuit.

I would LOVE to have Gold in the Southern circuit. I have some good friends and acquaintances in that corps (Yo, Big Country!!!), and we would have some good competition with Gold, SD, and Shenandoah.

As for me, child of a Cajun family, original descendant on both sides and both sets of grandparents, true transplants from Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia; Someone who never heard his great grandmother speak english except when absolutely necessary, living among these Northerners in Georgia is disconcerting sometimes.

"Southern" is relative. I'm sure the folks in Antarctica are having a similar conversation even now.

Fran and Tom: Stick to topics you know. Maryland is like... what, another country? We have to go to some foreign land to compete now, is that it? :thumbdown:

Those darned Mason and Dixon Yanks don't speak for deep southerners. :)

(Note: everything preceding this disclaimer is pretty much hyperbole. If you get your panties in a twist about it, I reserve the right to ridicule you openly and talk about your mother. I'm sure I don't know her, but I can make up just about anything)

BOS: How you been? Haven't seen you around in awhile. Been trying to catch you at a show but just haven't seen you. You doin' alright?

You missed one.....it is REALLY hot in Atlanta in the middle of the summer. LOL

Wuss.

:dontgetit:

Are you sure you want to go there?

:dontgetit::confused::shutup:

Wuss.

:unsure:

Edited by GoldMonster

Note: The upcoming comment is in regards to statements made by **PREVIOUS** Gold management and in **NO WAY** reflects on the current staff/management or mascot of the field corps.

A number of years ago when DCA South was first cranking up, Gold decided not to compete in the Southern circuit in any way, citing that they were not a DCA South (i.e. Southern) corps. We tried like fire to keep them around, but their staff and management offered that it was much cheaper for them to compete in the NE as a NE corps rather than a Southern Corps (nevermind Shenandoah coming to freaking EVERYTHING since the beginning, and they're further away...but I digress).

They, by their own actions and admission, are not a Southern corps and don't compete in the Southern circuit.

I would LOVE to have Gold in the Southern circuit. I have some good friends and acquaintances in that corps (Yo, Big Country!!!), and we would have some good competition with Gold, SD, and Shenandoah.

As for me, child of a Cajun family, original descendant on both sides and both sets of grandparents, true transplants from Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia; Someone who never heard his great grandmother speak english except when absolutely necessary, living among these Northerners in Georgia is disconcerting sometimes.

"Southern" is relative. I'm sure the folks in Antarctica are having a similar conversation even now.

Fran and Tom: Stick to topics you know. Maryland is like... what, another country? We have to go to some foreign land to compete now, is that it? :confused:

Those darned Mason and Dixon Yanks don't speak for deep southerners. :)

(Note: everything preceding this disclaimer is pretty much hyperbole. If you get your panties in a twist about it, I reserve the right to ridicule you openly and talk about your mother. I'm sure I don't know her, but I can make up just about anything)

BOS: How you been? Haven't seen you around in awhile. Been trying to catch you at a show but just haven't seen you. You doin' alright?

Jerald....this is one of the many reasons why I love you!!!! You are too freakin funny!!!! :dontgetit:

Jerald....this is one of the many reasons why I love you!!!! You are too freakin funny!!!! :dontgetit:

Laura, seeing that you are Alliance's tour director, maybe you can answer this question:

Did the Grim Reaper travel on a separate bus because everyone else was afraid of him? :confused: