Off Season Discussion Topic

geesh Wally, you don't have to make Upstate NY sound like some of our Skyliner friends used to call us... Upstate Faahhmers... and then when they got mad it became Upstate Gaahhbage...

Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo are big cities and act "fairly" modern... and Syracuse definitely has the edge marching band wise... at least the state national sport isn't "deer spotting" like it is in Pennsyltucky where your wealth is measured by the number of guns on the rack in the rear window of your pick up and how many spot lights you have on the roof... lol couldn't resist my friend.

Tom, I lived in Sherburne, NY for two years and taught there. And for all the talk about rural PA, towns the same size as those in rural NY are ahead in many ways and are at least funded and assisted by the State govt. instead of all the tax revenue pouring into keeping NYC solvent, the heck with the rest of the Empire State! There's a lot more to do and to find there- I was an hour plus from much of anything short of the 6 bars in a village of 1500 people. So, maybe rural NY is more like Pennsyltucky than they like to admit, LOL. Maybe not the guns and pickem-up trucks but we have Wal-Marts and the towns are cleaner... :tongue:

Have you ever had deer baloney? If you had... you'd understand why so many people are out there trying to shoot them in PA and eat them! :ph34r:

And yes, many of those HS bands don't have field programs, let alone football in many cases. Good kids- kids who want to do more, too. The Brigs would do well to start investigating those little towns around them and see if they can find a few good people. I think they can! :tongue:

Tom, I lived in Sherburne, NY for two years and taught there. And for all the talk about rural PA, towns the same size as those in rural NY are ahead in many ways and are at least funded and assisted by the State govt. instead of all the tax revenue pouring into keeping NYC solvent, the heck with the rest of the Empire State! There's a lot more to do and to find there- I was an hour plus from much of anything short of the 6 bars in a village of 1500 people. So, maybe rural NY is more like Pennsyltucky than they like to admit, LOL. Maybe not the guns and pickem-up trucks but we have Wal-Marts and the towns are cleaner... :tongue:

Have you ever had deer baloney? If you had... you'd understand why so many people are out there trying to shoot them in PA and eat them! :ph34r:

And yes, many of those HS bands don't have field programs, let alone football in many cases. Good kids- kids who want to do more, too. The Brigs would do well to start investigating those little towns around them and see if they can find a few good people. I think they can! :tongue:

Your reply is very interesting especially since Sherburne Earlville Norwich have always been GREAT recruiting areas for drum corps... Sherburne, home of Fred Gebhardt and the original Generalettes drill team... Gebby's first winter guard was Sherburne/Earlville before he moved on to West Genesee... as they say "the rest is history" or at least in this case historical....

my brother lives in East Prospect PA and my wife is from Clarion PA... yuppers... venison can be very good in a number of ways...

In a previous life, I was a military supplier (radios, not guns) and found out such tidbits as there are more "soldiers of fortune" from Pennsylvania than from any state or country in the world. Seriously, you guys is great at shootin'... maybe that's why I always got nervous at those PA critiques???

geesh Wally, you don't have to make Upstate NY sound like some of our Skyliner friends used to call us... Upstate Faahhmers... and then when they got mad it became Upstate Gaahhbage...

Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo are big cities and act "fairly" modern... and Syracuse definitely has the edge marching band wise... at least the state national sport isn't "deer spotting" like it is in Pennsyltucky where your wealth is measured by the number of guns on the rack in the rear window of your pick up and how many spot lights you have on the roof... lol couldn't resist my friend.

Wally? that's not my Dad :tongue:

look, no need to bring the crime rate in Philly, Scranton and Pittsburgh into this

Us Pennsyltuckians have evolved.We now drive SUV's with driving lights,fog lights,illuminated liscense plates,red interior lights and a LED on the radio antenna. The gun now is a fully dressed Springfield XD 9mm with laser sight and flashlight.The more enlightehed ones display a NRA sticker on the right side of the rear window with a VicFirth logo in the left corner. :tongue:

Yeah! I agree!! Syracuse has some of the best corps-style marching bands in the country! West Genny? Liverpool? C-NS?

us "rednecks" in PA ain't too shabby in that department either. hell, we're so overloaded the state has 5 circuits running

Yeah! I agree!! Syracuse has some of the best corps-style marching bands in the country! West Genny? Liverpool? C-NS?