Drum Corps Collector's Dream

A few days back I received an email from a gentleman in Minneapolis who enjoys reading my column in Drum Corps World.

He said he had a couple boxes of old drum corps "stuff", that he wanted to give to me (he didn't want any compensation at all) because his condo was no longer big enough to keep it. Well, I picked it up yesterday...........and..........let's just say it was full of treasures!

1951/52 Bella Rosa Corps System album

1955 National Corps Recording System albums (5)

1956 NCRS album (1)

1957 NCRS albums (7)

1956 Stet Richmond albums (4)

1957 Madison Scouts "studio" album

1958 Fleetwood/Cadet albums (2)

1958 Stet Richmond albums (4)

1961 Stet Richmond albums (2)

1962 Stet Richmond album (1)

1970 Stet Richmond albums (2)

There were also never opened DCI finals albums from the 1970s, along with DCA albums from the early 1970s.

Numerous original (never seen or published) photos from 1954 Washington, DC American Legion Nationals, 1956 Los Angeles American Legion Nationals, 1959 Minneapolis American Legion Nationals, 1960 Miami American Legion Nationals.

Amazing local city newspaper clippings from the above mentioned years. All got front page coverage with full photo spreads and writeups on the contests. Something you'd never see in a big city newspaper today.

Assorted drum corps programs going back to the 1950s.

A 1955 corps jacket from the Ely Dillonaires, who were Minnesota junior corps champions in the early 1950s.

Corps hats from the Toreadors (which later became Minnesota Brass) and Dillonaires.

Numerous corps booster buttons and pristine decals from 1950s.

DCA Championship videos from the past 25 years, and about 30 assorted audio cassettes.

I am extremely grateful that this gentleman kept all this in such pristine condition, and that he was willing to give it to me.

I'll be busy for a LONG time!

Wow.... especially on the 1950s albums..........

Hoping you might have some recordings that haven't surfaced elsewhere.

Really cool haul. That was really nice of the original owner to donate the stuff. Drum Corps people are the best. :rolleyes:

:laughing:

Mr. T.:

If you feel so inclined after you go through your new treasures, providing they could be scanned, I'd like to negotiate obtaining some copies of the print and photos that may be useful additions to the MBI archives. As we are coming up on the corps 65th anniversary, I'd like to try and fill in some gaps we have.

I'd like to see some of those things, plus it'd be pretty cool to hear some of those old recordings.

PM or e-mail me if you might have an interest.

Pat