New Championships Week format

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that. sounds. AWESOME!

I love the changes to Championship week! I will also avoid the G-8 series at all cost. Sorry, just don't like the way that is headed....

Nice to see Open Class included in the main competition - sure can't hurt to try.

Also the inevitable compromise with the top 8 to allow them to do their own shows, and I'm sure, keep more of the money, but if it staves off a full-on split, then it's probably worth it.

Mike

I think this will be great. Thursday should be better attended as everyone will be there in the same competition.

Friday will be a better show as well.

Looks like DCI is making changes.

Not really too much different than now. The open class corps can perform to an empty stadium on Thursday rather than Saturday. The people that only want to see world class will show up later in the day just like they do at any regular show.

Not really too much different than now. The open class corps can perform to an empty stadium on Thursday rather than Saturday. The people that only want to see world class will show up later in the day just like they do at any regular show.

I think it is much different. regardless of the number of people that attend the open segment on Thursday (and I think it will be more than what they get on Saturday), it gives a few of them a chance to make it into Friday, and THAT is what I would push hard for if I were in Open class right now. That is a great opportunity, and a good change.

And the G-8 should play to an empty stadium wherever they perform as a G-8 group.....

Was liking what I was reading until the G8 stuff. So why did they go 8? I thought the original G7 villains were in it for themselves. Did the Blue Stars lobby for this? Will they take part? Do you HAVE to take part if you are invited? I doubt they do it, but I hope they say "no thanks". I hope some fresh corps break into to the top 6,7,5 and say "thanks but no thanks".

Was liking what I was reading until the G8 stuff. So why did they go 8? I thought the original G7 villains were in it for themselves. Did the Blue Stars lobby for this? Will they take part? Do you HAVE to take part if you are invited? I doubt they do it, but I hope they say "no thanks". I hope some fresh corps break into to the top 6,7,5 and say "thanks but no thanks".

Yup, guess this answers the question in another thread about who will blink first.