The Sun Devils Get New Wheels!

As many of you may already know, the Sun Devils were not immune to travel difficulties this summer. From bus break downs to truck meltdowns, we saw it all. Throughout the whole traveling debacle, our home town, North Port, FL was watching from afar. On Wednesday, September 27, the North Port City Council donated a 1997 Ford F350 to the corps! The new truck that we affectionately call, "The Beast", will sufficiently...and safely, tow our 27ft trailer to all shows and gigs for many seasons to come. The Sun Devils are humbled by the City's gererosity. I have included some pictures of "The Beast".

beast1.jpg

beast2.jpg

beast3.jpg

beast4.jpg

A HUGE thank you goes out to Mark Scott, corps photographer, for getting the ball rolling on this project. And to the City of North Port, thank you for helping keep drum corps alive in Florida. The City will be forever honored in our corps history.

Nice!

Go Sun Devils!

Dave Faust

The Bucs

As many of you may already know, the Sun Devils were not immune to travel difficulties this summer. From bus break downs to truck meltdowns, we saw it all. Throughout the whole traveling debacle, our home town, North Port, FL was watching from afar. On Wednesday, September 27, the North Port City Council donated a 1997 Ford F350 to the corps! The new truck that we affectionately call, "The Beast", will sufficiently...and safely, tow our 27ft trailer to all shows and gigs for many seasons to come. The Sun Devils are humbled by the City's gererosity. I have included some pictures of "The Beast".

beast1.jpg

beast2.jpg

beast3.jpg

beast4.jpg

A HUGE thank you goes out to Mark Scott, corps photographer, for getting the ball rolling on this project. And to the City of North Port, thank you for helping keep drum corps alive in Florida. The City will be forever honored in our corps history.

this is awesome.

Any graphics in the works?

Actually, I have contacted a local area auto wrapping company. I am hoping to get Beast and the trailer wrapped before the season begins. I will keep you posted. I am super excited about what it could look like.

That's great news... It's always great to hear when a town supports it's organizations!

YEAH!!! :tongue:

That's Cool. Yes, a Truck Trailer combo is probably the best solution. If the Truck breaks down it's possible to rent a vehicle to accomplish the mission. If a box truck breaks down that's a major headache and would be more expensive to rent a fill in box truck. My Guard unit, 35th Infantry Division Band rents two box trucks for AT every year and that's not cheap. The fuel for a box truck is not cheap. :tongue:

A LOT like our Casper (Horn & Battery towing truck)

except Casper is a 150.............and a 2wd.............(cry, whine, sob)