Gahfield 87

Since I wasn't there....when Garfield did their encore show after winning in 87, did they leave the field the same way as for the competitive program, or did they change it up (or at least return to the field) to bask in the glory??

It was a great ending (although they really could've just stopped after the company front reform and still have won)...but I wou;d hope the kids would have a chance to do something else after the show...like play other songs for the crowd...

They did everything the same, except the pitheads had to double-time it off the field with the rest of the corps. IDK if they came back to play their song or not, because we left after the encore.

Edited by tommytimp

You know what? I don't remember. Honest to God. I remember winding our way through the parking lot single file humming "Simple Gifts", but how we got from the victory run to there, I don't remember.

You know what? I don't remember. Honest to God. I remember winding our way through the parking lot single file humming "Simple Gifts", but how we got from the victory run to there, I don't remember.

I was thinking the same thing....I have no idea! Dang it sucks to be old :tongue:

You. Both. SUCK!! :tongue:

No argument here! :thumbup:

I remember jumping around hugging each other once the rest of the corps were gone, I remember singing an incredibly emotional version of Holy Name, and I remember the run through......I also remember humming Simple Gifts through the parking lot......but, there's a blank in between. To much adrenaline....not enough neurons firing I guess? :tongue:

Sorry, hopefully some of my fellow Cadets can bale us out here :thumbup:

Edited by CuriousMe

If I remember correctly, I think the corps proper went off the field as usual, but the sop soloist went to a different spot on the field (apparently for fun), making the 2 guard members adjust to him. Any one else remember that?

they just performed the full show...nothing extra

If I remember correctly, I think the corps proper went off the field as usual, but the sop soloist went to a different spot on the field (apparently for fun), making the 2 guard members adjust to him. Any one else remember that?

Could anyone actually HEAR him? I heard him at Rome, NY, but he might as well have been faking it at Finals.