Skyliners and Dreamgirls

Back in the day we were allowed to bring cassette recorders into the shows and record the corps shows (circa 86 and before). I recorded (audio only no video yet) the Skyliners 1983 DCA finals show and yes, Sidemouth and John Girardi, the other sop, nailed that number. I listen to that one piece over and over. It is one of my all time favorite corps tunes.

Just to note; Sky had one of the biggest horn lines that I remember them ever having. I believe I counted 55 horns at 1983 DCA finals; and loud!!! (What else would you expect?)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Darth.. Like I should have know that.... Duh......considering I was there playing with you all...Next time I'll watch the tape/DVD before answering on the Alumni LOL......

Haven't been through the Alumni Solists yet Still working on the Field Corps from 97-up to 2006

Then will start on the Alumni Corps....... Hopefully will be easier than doing from 1945-through 2006 for the field corps.

Now don't we all roll our eyes .........Thanks for the above Info...... I'll add to the grouping............

Hope all went well after I left yesterday................PM.. Me.................

Jim

Jim,

Rehearsal went real well - Aquarius sounding really good. Baris sounding super !!

Picked a few new members yesterday and along with some returning old folks, both horn/drum line shaping up to be what should be a banner year in 2011.

And it appears we have a color guard :tongue:

Darth

Great ....I'm glad all went well after I left.....Had my Granddaughter 1 year old Birthday party to go to.. And yes she just loves Drum Corps music by the Skyliners.........

See ya on the 7th......... JIm

Great ....I'm glad all went well after I left.....Had my Granddaughter 1 year old Birthday party to go to.. And yes she just loves Drum Corps music by the Skyliners.........

See ya on the 7th......... JIm

Jimmy,

Don't worry - by the time she's two or three she'll grow out of it and start to like the Hurcs.

:tongue::tongue:

Jimmy,

Don't worry - by the time she's two or three she'll grow out of it and start to like the Hurcs.

Ray ... Ray ... Ray ... now why in Heaven's name would you even say that?

:tongue:

Jimmy,

Ray... Don't think soooo-- Madeline bleds Red and Black just like my own kds ,and the 4 other Grands..LOL

But all of us do like Magnificent 7 (Even me)............

Say Hi to Kevin Hassan for me. Marched with him in 81 and 82 ...........

Rehearsal went real well - Aquarius sounding really good. Baris sounding super !!

At the Alumni show in Rochester, I watched Skyliners Alumni from field level, in front of the baritone/contra bass lines.

I think I still have some powder burns. :tongue::tongue:

Ray... Don't think soooo-- Madeline bleds Red and Black just like my own kds ,and the 4 other Grands..LOL

But all of us do like Magnificent 7 (Even me)............

Say Hi to Kevin Hassan for me. Marched with him in 81 and 82 ...........

My funny kid story is that when my son was little, one thing that could always put him to sleep was sky on the field - go figger - I have to preface that by saying he was born in 1977 so he didn't get too much Hy Sky when he was a baby.

He went on to age out as BD's contra section leader - just always slept through sky.

Ray ... Ray ... Ray ... now why in Heaven's name would you even say that?

:tongue:

Sorry Andy. Jimmy has a reputation as having a sense of humor. And rumor has it he's given up carrying a gun...

The devil made me do it. :tongue: