Does DCA need new management

Okay let me say I'm not trying to be negative about the current DCA management. I'm playing devils advocate.

With all the talk (at least on DCP) about the issues with DCI, I'm wondering why doesn't DCA take the lead and try to find a way to help the activity by letting in Jr's. What I'm thinking is actually adding a third division that willhost several week day shows around the east coast and midwest.

I might be naive but I don't see how much trouble it would be have say 5-7 weekday shows the first year, 10-12 the 2nd and maybe a cap of 20 or 30 shows a year. With the current DCA schedule many Jr's wouldn't be interested but if there was say a 2 week tour with 5 to 7 shows might find greater acceptence.

The reason I titled the thread does DCA need new management I'm wondering if thier more happy to follow what DCI does and keep the status quo? A more agressive management might see the advantage of getting Jr's involved if for no other reason then another revenue stream.

Okay let me say I'm not trying to be negative about the current DCA management. I'm playing devils advocate.

With all the talk (at least on DCP) about the issues with DCI, I'm wondering why doesn't DCA take the lead and try to find a way to help the activity by letting in Jr's. What I'm thinking is actually adding a third division that willhost several week day shows around the east coast and midwest.

I might be naive but I don't see how much trouble it would be have say 5-7 weekday shows the first year, 10-12 the 2nd and maybe a cap of 20 or 30 shows a year. With the current DCA schedule many Jr's wouldn't be interested but if there was say a 2 week tour with 5 to 7 shows might find greater acceptence.

The reason I titled the thread does DCA need new management I'm wondering if thier more happy to follow what DCI does and keep the status quo? A more agressive management might see the advantage of getting Jr's involved if for no other reason then another revenue stream.

just let them compete in the all age Class A or Open divisions, weekends only, no tours, summer jobs, families, allow alums (or have a 21 yr old limit policy),.................much cheaper model,...............let DCI run the full touring model into the ground on their own,........................

I would be amenable to allowing ALL-AGE corps from wherever to join DCA. I just don't see why this would necessitate new management for DCA.

If you have an idea, put it forth. Only don't present it here; put it before those people who can make it happen.

If juniors were to compete in the DCA "open" class, I'm afraid the metamorphosis of adjudication would accelerate even more rapidly towards DCI philosophies. I, for one, would like this seemingly inevitable process delayed as long as possible. Especially with regard to electronics.

Edited by Storkysr