Rivalries in DCI.

You make an unfounded accusation and demand proof? [ x ] troll dna confirmed

You attempt (and fail) to create the impression that's there's bitter hatred between CC and Cadets [ x ] troll fluid stains found

You do all of this with an arrogance rarely seen here on DCP. [ x ] troll hairs found in keyboard

If it walks like a troll, quacks like troll, and posts like a troll -- it's probably a troll.

Oh and BTW defamatory accusations (like those you're making here) violate the TOS of DCP.

*plonk*

Unfounded accusation? In your opinion - sure. I attempt and fail - in your opinion sure, but not to the members of both organizations. Arrogance rarely seen here on DCP - sounds like a personality issue not a trolling issue. Again, go ahead and PM, but for the time being - let us stick to the topic at hand and not waste time calling others out on trolling, when no trolling has taken place. Getting involved once a claim has been made and confirmed by multiple sources indicates that you are upset by the claim, and thus feel threatened that the image of your corps might be tainted in some way. Again - I did not choose to violate typical respect code in uniform, only to post about it.

If you are referring to the blue devils comment, then I would like to see this infamous youtube video that proves it was another corps. Show me your proof that I am trolling, unbiased.

• Like 1

Unfounded accusation? In your opinion - sure. I attempt and fail - in your opinion sure, but not to the members of both organizations. Arrogance rarely seen here on DCP - sounds like a personality issue not a trolling issue. Again, go ahead and PM, but for the time being - let us stick to the topic at hand and not waste time calling others out on trolling, when no trolling has taken place. Getting involved once a claim has been made and confirmed by multiple sources indicates that you are upset by the claim, and thus feel threatened that the image of your corps might be tainted in some way. Again - I did not choose to violate typical respect code in uniform, only to post about it.

If you are referring to the blue devils comment, then I would like to see this infamous youtube video that proves it was another corps. Show me your proof that I am trolling, unbiased.

My, my...A man of many trolls!

I would think you would ask first to prove the BD accusation in the first place, then prove it was another corps. Bit of slippery slope here. My guess is...no one gets to do the Church Lady "superiority dance" on this one! :huh:

Happy Christmas to all!

GUYS! THIS. STUFF. HAPPENS.

Why does everyone want to pretend like it doesn't?! They're human beings - no one's perfect. Reindeer games happen. And yes, your favorite drum band is behind them!

• Like 1

I'm glad you'll be following your corps of choice. I don't like that people are fabricating a rivalry between the Tour of Champions corps and the corps that didn't place in the top 8 last year. All just becuase they perform in more shows that require a certain placement(Murfreesboro, Semifinals, Finals, etc). Granted the format for those is a little different than the other shows, but the cool thing is that the participating corps have to earn that spot every year. It's not fixed forever. I think it's a cool idea.

I'm up for supporting corps that perform well and entertain. No matter the placement.

Merry Christmas DCP!

I have to tell you that I am on the fence about this whole g8 ordeal, and I am not fabricating a rivalry it is real for 2011. If next week your Corps of choice (Bluecoats right) get booted from the toc because the ones in charge decide that no ring no show I would think that you would also have a different feeling about this whole drama filled ordeal. Just so you know, I do support your Corps, its just with everyone else that I am doing it with. Also 10 yrs ago and 20 yrs ago when your Corps was not on the radar for any special anything I also supported your Corps of choice just with everyone else. Thats just were we differ, bud. Great show last year by the way, I will be looking forward to your 2011 show just like all the other Corps coming out next year.

And, if by any chance, your "Corps of choice" places in the top 8 this year, will you still be such a huge "F-15" fan and supporter in 2012?

I think there was a thread started for this question? In reality if I am going to be honest, I have to say that I would be doing this a whole lot different if my Drum Corps of choice was included, but, there is alot more that would go with that. The people in charge of my Drum Corps of choice were brought up in a totally different enviorment, with a man that would never of wanted this to happen I would suspect. He I am sure is just sitting back enjoying this whole drama filled ordeal letting it play out just to see where it will end up, so I would think it would be a great idea if everyone was included in this. If everyone was included than I would be all for it, and I would hope that the ones in charge of my Drum Corps of choice would see that if doing something that is just good for my Drum Corps of choice that is not good for all Drum Corps, would not want to be a part of it.

So to answer your question if its not good for all Drum Corps its not good for my Drum Corps, and I would still pump the F-15, just maybe a little different.

I was commenting on how quick you are to bash Blue Devils in an unrelated conversation. Not to mention that what you accuse them of was disproved by a video on YouTube of bk doing the holding over and whatnot. Enjoy your ignorance! :D

There were lots of groups that were holding over. BD, BK, and Bluecoats were for sure 3 of them. There was a lot of stupid behavior that night from a lot of corps. The current (very lame) retreat format that was adopted in 2009 is a reaction to that.

A lot of groups play these games. Honestly, in my 25 years of being around drum corps I can say that it happens everywhere. Now, that does not make it right at all. Quite frankly it is one of the things that really bothers me about the activity, but I am also not one to say that only these corps are the ones that play stupid games at retreat or at the gate and these other corps don't, because I know better.

When it all comes down to it, these corps are comprised of 150 young people (16-21) and like most large groups of young people there are going to be some individuals who insist on engaging in stupid behavior that reflects poorly on the rest of the group.

• Like 2

IMHO, Cavaliers have not practiced, promoted any real rivalries since the 60's (several EAST corps, and the local competitive neighbors like Royal Airs, Norwood, Nisei). Rockford, Madison and Bluestars were always respected competitors and friends as has been SCV in a very playful sense too. We mostly operate(d) as the fun-loving fraternity house that would rather wink at school rules (outside the corps rules) especially if we could get the women or at least a jolly rancher food fight for giggles. Now, with that said, there is absolutely no love lost with Concord -- totally polar opposites in philosophy, attitude, approach, competition, etc. and this rivalry for many alums has become to a point of non-objectivity in anything and everything Blue Devil. My opinion and observation. And while I was specifically out-of-loop during STAR era, there was more disdain for their arrogance which is probably a similar attitude regarding relationship with CROWN recently.

I don't understand this. I have spent time around both corps and to me they are two of the most alike groups in DCI.

Both groups treat their members great and make that their number one priority.

Both groups sleep more and rehearse less and believe that is a big key to their success.

Both corps have a more laid back approach to rehearsing than anyone else in the activity.

I know that some people say that The Cavaliers don't care about competition, but these is complete and total BS. They care A LOT about competition, just like the blue devils.

• Like 2

There were lots of groups that were holding over. BD, BK, and Bluecoats were for sure 3 of them. There was a lot of stupid behavior that night from a lot of corps. The current (very lame) retreat format that was adopted in 2009 is a reaction to that.

A lot of groups play these games. Honestly, in my 25 years of being around drum corps I can say that it happens everywhere. Now, that does not make it right at all. Quite frankly it is one of the things that really bothers me about the activity, but I am also not one to say that only these corps are the ones that play stupid games at retreat or at the gate and these other corps don't, because I know better.

When it all comes down to it, these corps are comprised of 150 young people (16-21) and like most large groups of young people there are going to be some individuals who insist on engaging in stupid behavior that reflects poorly on the rest of the group.

:worthy:

Finally. Someone who acknowledges what happens rather than simply turning a blind eye and claiming there is no evidence. Of course there isn't evidence - they're games for a reason.

Obviously after 08, the Blue Devils had a certain.....angst, ill call it, towards Phantom. But after marching with the Blue Devils for the 2010 season, I wouldn't say we had any "rivalries" with other corps. All the other corps are usually really chill. On the field at finals retreat, some of the guys from the Cavaliers were giving us jolly ranchers! I can say for myself that there aren't any drum corps I dislike. We're all out there doing what we love!

• Like 1

Obviously after 08, the Blue Devils had a certain.....angst, ill call it, towards Phantom. But after marching with the Blue Devils for the 2010 season, I wouldn't say we had any "rivalries" with other corps. All the other corps are usually really chill. On the field at finals retreat, some of the guys from the Cavaliers were giving us jolly ranchers! I can say for myself that there aren't any drum corps I dislike. We're all out there doing what we love!

Ding ka ding ding.....

I spent years with a corps that was rebuilding from scratch and I'd say we had a rivalry with two corps that were directly above us (and close geographically). They might not have noticed :rolleyes: but we sure used it to push ourselves harder every time we met. Did I hate them.... no (ended up joining one of them later), did I want our corps to beat them <bleep> yeah (only happened twice in the regular season. :doh:

Edited by JimF-LowBari