Barbara Maroney says...

"If I had one general comment to make about drum corps, it would be that each drum corps has its own special thing to offer. And if people could just sit back and take from each drum corps what it has to give instead of being so concerned with 'Oh this is a certain drum corps, and that's a certain drum corps, and I'm not gonna like one because of what it's done before or what it hasn't done.'

If people could just take what it has to offer and sit back and enjoy the music and enjoy the visual, I think that would be the best benefit anyone could get from drum corps- outside of marching in it itself."

I feel like watching this should be a requirement for anyone on DCP.

- Barbara Maroney: Garfield Cadets Mello Soloist (83-84)

It's not what each corps performs or how they perform it that most people gripe about. It's the fact that there are certain people in certain corps that push for rule changes that move DCI away from its traditional values.

When she said this 26 years ago it was a lot easier to just sit back and enjoy the music and visual of each drum corps.

Once again, posting your opinion and presenting it as fact. I think Barbara's statement is absolutely as relevant today as it was when she made it back in '84. Does each corps today not have "its own special thing to offer?"

Why do you feel it necessary to try and hijack NR_Ohiobando's genteel thread about tolerance and respect for the opinions of others and make it about how drum corps was better back in the day?

Peace,

Fred O.

Once again, posting your opinion and presenting it as fact.

What? That's how online mediums like forums work. "IMO" is always assumed if the information presented isn't factual. Ever read a blog, or an editorial column?

• Like 2

When she said this 26 years ago it was alot easier to just sit back and enjoy the music and visual of each drum corps. Not sure how relevant it is today.

easier for you

not relevant for you

and you're not alone

very relevant to me

and i'm not alone either

yay for opinions

What? That's how online mediums like forums work. "IMO" is always assumed if the information presented isn't factual. Ever read a blog, or an editorial column?

Well, you are correct: your information certainly isn't factual. And although I'm not sure I'm buying your take on what I'm required/expected to assume here on the forum, I'm not up for arguing about it. Have it your way.

You definitely tried to hijack the thread, though.

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5