Lots of corps

Kyoti

It would be nice not to have to put 5,000 miles on the car just to attend the rehearsals of the nearest "competitive" corps for the season. Plus another 5,000 miles to "compete locally", when the nearest competition is out of state (and half way across the nation). Cincinnati would probably make a better hub than Memphis. I don't know about you, but I make it a point to not have to stop for gas in Memphis, when I'm going through that region. Although mileage wise, Racine might be the better option. Depending on who's gonna be there? HCB?

And what of all of the "former" open class corps? We had like 15+ in 2005?

Brigs

Sky

MCL

Crusaders

Gold

Frontier

Meanwhile Rochester is #7

http://247wallst.com/2010/12/27/american-cities-that-are-running-out-of-people/

It's the first I've heard of WGM going competitive. It's not listed on their site. But it was mentioned at the TXDCP 2010 that they'd be different next time we saw them. I wouldn't read too much into the 6th Street Regiment since the first get together isn't until next week. So pretty much no one knows anything until then. I did hear rumors of Frontier doing something, but I hear lots of rumors most years. Most of which are just that. Rumors.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alliance Open Class

Buccaneers Open Class

Bushwackers Open Class

Caballeros Open Class

CorspVets Open Class

Empire Statesmen Open Class

Hurricanes Open Class

Kilties Open Class

Minnesota Brass Open Class

Renegades Open Class

Class A - based on last year or info this year...who knows, maybe some of these corps will make the jump?

Arkansas Thunder - Class A

Carolina Gold -Class A

Chops, Inc. - Class A

Cincinnati Tradition - Class A

Excelsior - Class A

Fusion Core - Class A

Govenaires - Class A

Grenadiers - Class A

Gulf Coast Sound - Class A

High Country Brass - Class A

Shenandoah Sound - Class A

SoCal Dream - Class A

Sun Devils - Class A

Vigilantes - Class A

White Sabres - Class A

Windsor Regiment - Class A

Did not compete at Rochester last year, but we're all glad to see them active....

Brigadiers

Frontier

Music City Legend

6th Street Regiment

Skyliners

Sunrisers

Tampa Bay Thunder

It was revealed in November in the Dutch Boy thread in the DCI open class forum that there is a new DCA all-age corps in Hamilton, Ontario called XCORPS !. The posting stated that rehearsals were already underway.

Edited by traverbanking

It was revealed in November in the Dutch Boy thread in the DCI open class forum that there is a new DCA all-age corps in Hamilton, Ontario called XCORPS !. The posting stated that rehearsals were already underway.

This was also covered in the latest Drum Corps News,.................

This was also covered in the latest Drum Corps News,.................

LOL... Gary, I saw that you had replied to this thread and thought you might be on here to cue the music for Shadow 7. :tongue:

As Mr. Peashey noted, it is way too early for many corps to "declare" their intentions for 2011. A number of corps on the list have yet to hold their Open House, Music City Legend included, and are therefore not in a position to accurately foretell their summer numbers.

It's amazing how many corps (over the last 40 years or so) have had great rehearsals with 30-40 brass, 18 percussionists, and a dozen or more guard members through the winter and early spring. Then come the outdoor rehearsals in April and early May when push comes to shove and suddenly, miraculously, those numbers are suddenly slashed by 60% or more! When the going gets tough, sometimes the not-so-tough head for the nearest swimming hole.

The June 1st DCA deadline is accurately placed. Drum corps are fragile organizations and any number of things -- good or not so good -- can happen before Memorial Day weekend.

I agree that "it's fun to speculate" and that the discussion here keeps this speculation in its proper context.

Did I correctly hear that the Getzville Suburban Knights are fielding 64 horns this season? :wow:

Edited by K2SMA