Carolina Crown 2011: Rach Star

Paint it Black is going to be epic....and if they can clean up the triple tonguing in the Van Halen, I think it will be an absolutely phenominal drumcorps moment.

I dont think you can say that because they could not get the rights.......but i think you can say it's VH like. there are more notes in that few minutes than some corps will play in their entire show.

I went last night to watch "Rach Band" ensemble. They planned on running everything through Paint it Black, but I had to leave before they got to it. They spent some time running the ballad with the front ensemble working out timing. Then once they hit the field they were working on Paint it Black. I’m hoping to get to see everything that they have on the field next weekend.

from everything I’m hearing this show will be interesting.

lastly from what i hear the drums are going to be "On Fire". can not wait until those pix are posted.

I dont think you can say that because they could not get the rights.......but i think you can say it's VH like. there are more notes in that few minutes than some corps will play in their entire show.

I agree, tons of notes. I too, went and watched them last night. Stayed until about 1015pm and they were still going. Obviously I am a little biased, but the show looks pretty amazing this early in. I'm guessing the holes that are there will be filled in the next week. I think it's pretty much just schedule conflicts as to why they are there at the moment. I will say this, they are loud this year. Be prepared to have Brass all over your face, it's pretty overwhelming. I think we are in for a good show. I never know how it will stack up the the rest of the competition, but the show is different as Crown always is, and I feel as though it will be extremely competitive. Very good arrangements this year.

I think the competitive aspect is based almost entirely on how they perform it. They need to perform it like rock stars, not like a drum corps. The show has general effect built into it. I think a lot of people are expecting crown to come out and play some high school band arrangements when it's completely opposite. This show is going to be really really cool.

Rach Star is shaping up nicely. I suspect that many drum corps fans will erupt into standing O's for this show ph34r.gif

I see what you did there... :ph34r:

Edited by loopin' froot loops

www.facebook.com/carolinacrown

Some photos have been posted from the last week of rehearsal.

Have fun.