Plymouth Show Reviews

I'd love to get some feedback from anyone at the Plymouth show.

Because I was a performer, I didn't get hear anyone else, and my spot was in the back, so I didn't get to hear us either!

Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I was a performer, I didn't get hear anyone else, and my spot was in the back, so I didn't get to hear us either!

Thanks

The Defenders were O.K., but there was one horn player in the back that was way off! Just kidding! I thought it was your best performance yet. Actually, I saw everyone except the Lancers, Sac, and I was performing with Boston. There were NO weak sisters in this show. Reilly and Kevins were both 100% better than last year. It was a shining moment for alumni corps. My favorite tune that your corps played was "Never My Love" because I favor ballads, but all songs in your repertoire were well done. Being from the old school, I'm not thrilled seeing guys with lyres holding the music on their horns, but with limited rehearsal time, I guess you have to do what you can to make it work. I wasn't covering the show for Drum Corps World this year, so I'll save the review for the writer who did. (don't want to hurt circulation) I'll just say that I think this show raised the bar for alumni corps shows. My only disappointment was that the hotel closed down the party so early. We would have been good for another three hours!

Saturday night was AWESOME for all corps! Whether we all just had our game on or the moon and stars were in align what ever. We all just rocked the house. I perform with two of the corps so I did not see any of the show. Something must have been working for us all in the church hall that we warmed up in. We got ready and we brought it to the show. The part of the show I saw was the afternoon run throughs. I must admit that Bridgemen were always my favorite as a kid and 30 years since the last time I saw them it has not changed. They just blew me away. Words can't describe it? At the end of one of their songs they were playing so loud the drum major turned around and saluted the crowd and turned back to the Corp and raised his hands and they got even louder. After their run through I went down on the floor to tell their DM just how appreciative I was for there performance. I felt as if I were amongst the Drum Corp Gods

Just read the email from Lancers management and appears they made it home a few hours ago. Won't say what the thoughts were about their performance until I hear from someone else.

I'm just glad they're back cuz we had some crazy (fatal) crap going on in my area recently... Including a Road Rage incident that ended up with a van bouncing out the walls of a bakery and going thru the roof of a cellar. :mat:

Thanks for your kind words about the Bridgemen. We had a blast. What a great audience! Speaking of the Defenders, we were downstairs waiting to go on, and we heard you guys. What a great repertoire! A bunch of us were groovin' to your show. Loved the Santana tune, and One Eyed Sailor. Great solo work , and awesome sounding brass! Who writes your charts? Excellent book!

Rcc

Hi All You Alumni Corps Fans ,

Some video of St. Kevins Show opener has been posted on youtube . Just type in The St. Kevin Emerald Knights Drum & Bugle Corps Plymouth 2010 . Last nights Plymouth Show was super !! Hope you enjoy this little taste.

All the Best,

Mike D.

St. Kevins

Thanks

I think we did pretty ok :mat:

Mike M

Saturday night was AWESOME for all corps! Whether we all just had our game on or the moon and stars were in align what ever. We all just rocked the house. I perform with two of the corps so I did not see any of the show. Something must have been working for us all in the church hall that we warmed up in. We got ready and we brought it to the show. The part of the show I saw was the afternoon run throughs. I must admit that Bridgemen were always my favorite as a kid and 30 years since the last time I saw them it has not changed. They just blew me away. Words can't describe it? At the end of one of their songs they were playing so loud the drum major turned around and saluted the crowd and turned back to the Corp and raised his hands and they got even louder. After their run through I went down on the floor to tell their DM just how appreciative I was for there performance. I felt as if I were amongst the Drum Corp Gods

Thanks for the kind words.I was actually taking pictures with my phone. :mat:

Thanks for your kind words about the Bridgemen. We had a blast. What a great audience! Speaking of the Defenders, we were downstairs waiting to go on, and we heard you guys. What a great repertoire! A bunch of us were groovin' to your show. Loved the Santana tune, and One Eyed Sailor. Great solo work , and awesome sounding brass! Who writes your charts? Excellent book!

Rcc

Steve Dorgan writes our charts, though "McArthur Park" was arranged by Chris Tomsa, and "Legend of the One Eyed Sailor" by Jeff Bolduc.

Thanks for the compliments on our Brass line, we get better each year now and it just a blast to play again.

It was awesome to see Bridgeman perform again in person! Last time for me was in 1982. It is really just great to see the Alumni Corps bringing the history of Drum Corp back to life.

Hope to see you all up this way again next year!!

Plymouth was indeed an outstanding day. The parade was great, with very cooperative weather, and the show was excellent, from what I saw. If anyone has videos, especially HD videos, please post them on YouTube. Those of us who were in the show only got to see some of it, and it would be great to see all the corps.

Edited by lewpubco