STOMP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP my brother. The lives you touched are numerous. Our drum corps family has lost a great one and it will not be the same without you. Your truly stomped them.

. . . . . . .

I never had the pleasure of meeting you, but your loss is still great.

Heaven's drum corps just got that much louder.

RIP Rich, and say hello to Mikey for me.

:satisfied:

When Rich was alive, he was there. "There". In the corps, at the parties, right there to give a handshake to a new member, share a few beers, what ever. It's strange, he was one of the most popular members of the Corps, but wasn't showy, he wasn't the guy wearing the lampshade. He was the guy in the garage at the corps hall to just greet you and hand you a beer. But somehow, in his passing, he's left a HUGE hole. A huge vacancy that just won't ever be filled. I'm just so completely befuddled that he's gone. Rich can't be GONE....he's always there....isn't he?

Maybe I'm just grasping because I didn't respond to his last messge to me as I wanted to. As I wished I would have. He reached out to me not long ago and told me he missed our "Land of Misfit Toys" Christmas parties and he missed me and "Some Random Guy". (Roy). I tapped back a quick response, a thanks..miss you too type of thing. You know....because Rich is always going to be there. Surely I'd always have time to give a more fuller response. I mean, Rich had been my friend for 20 years. Surely we'd have 20 more....and then 20 more......

I got an email from my friend Kanika with "Rich Skare" in the subject line. My first thing I said to myself was "Oh ####, what kind of hell is he raising on facebook". Never in one million years would I have guessed what Kanika had to say next. "Rich passed away yesterday".

I haven't seen him since our last Christmas party right before we moved out to Tenn, almost 2 years ago now. But we chit chatted on Facebook..responding randomly to each other's posts over the last couple of years.... I just can't believe he's gone.

Ok...I know I'm just repeating myself, which is what I do when I'm upset. I'm also sad for all my Renengade brothers and sisters, still in the corps, who will experience the gaping hole left behind every day they're at rehearsal.

I heard this song on the radio yesterday and it usually reminds me of my mother in law that passed, but it was just appropriate to hear as I was rifling through my memories of Rich....

I've seen fire and I've seen rain

I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end

I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend

But I always thought that I'd see you again

Rest in Peace, my friend. I will miss you.

Gonna miss ya buddy..

Edited by malletphreak

I was thinking maybe this thread would be best to keep it as a place where we could all mourn together, but as anyone who knows Rich knows....at some time it's time to belch and say something funny, so I started the thread "Belch" in the off topic forums. Would love for Rich's friends to remember funny things Rich said and did. He would want us laughing our ##### off, even if it's through tears.