2011 DCA Repertoire

Spandy

this is an open invitation to any drum corp nuts and H.S students wanting to learn more about music & marchig you are invited to the Bushwackers a 6 time DCA Championship corp practice on may 21 2011 have fun enjoy new admin staff looking towards the future challenger road ridgefield park nj

Edited by oldschool1180

Just noticed what Alliance was playing this year. Hmmm... interesting. Seems a bit different for them, but I am going to save my judgement for later. I'm sure they will do a great job with it. I wonder if they will do completely different arrangements of these pieces, or try to stay closer to what has been done in the past. My guess is completely different, knowing their style.

• 3 weeks later...

I updated the order of the list based on the recent Class A declarations

Open Class

Alliance (Atlanta, GA) "Inferno"

Infernal Dance (Igor Stravinsky) Fire of Eternal Glory (Dimitri Shostakovich) The Inferno (Robert W. Smith) Firebird Finale (Igor Stravinsky)

Buccaneers (Reading, PA) "Dancer's Dream"

The Chairman Dances: Foxtrot for Orchestra (John Adams) Danzon No. 2 (Arturo Marquez) Swan Lake (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky) Mambo from West Side Story (Leonard Bernstein)

Bushwackers (Harrison, NJ)

Original music by Key Poulan and Paul Rennick

Caballeros (Hawthorne, NJ) "Heritage: The Days of Future Past"

CorpsVets (Atlanta, GA) "Dusk to Dawn"

Symphony No. 10 in E minor, Op. 93 (Dmitri Shostakovich) Ammerland (Jacob De Haan) Providence Unfinished (David Holsinger) Ballet Sacra (David Holsinger)

Empire Statesmen (Rochester, NY) "Man in the Mirror"

Hurricanes (Seymour, CT) "Old, New, and Blue" The Music of George Gershwin

Kilties (Racine, WI) "Three Faces of Drum Corps"

Tradition: Auld Lang Syne (Burns) Evolution: MacArthur Park (Webb) Exploration: Interstellar Suite (Bhatia)

Minnesota Brass (St. Paul, MN) "Valhalla"

Inspired by: Immigrant Song (Led Zepplin) Children's Hour of Dream (Charles Mingus) Imagine (John Lennon) Ride of the Valkyries (Richard Wagner)

Renegades (San Francisco, CA) "The Seventh Sense"

Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd) Dedicated to Rich Skare; Main Title from the Movie Signs (James Newton Howard); In the Hall of the Mountain King (Edvard Grieg) infused with Derezzed from Tron:Legacy (Daft Punk) and Channel One Suite (Bill Holman); Wish You Were Here/Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd); Mombasa from the movie Inception (Hans Zimmer)

Tampa Bay Thunder (Tampa, FL) "Nautical Destiny"

The US Navy Hymn, Crimson Tide (Hans Zimmer) Original works by Ron Ellis based on Water Music (Handel) and La Mer (Debussy)

Declared Class A

Arkansas Thunder (Hot Springs, AR) "Division and Unity"

Antithigram (Jack Stamp) Dies Irae (W.A. Mozart) Lux Aurumque (Eric Whitacre) Niki Nana [We're One] (Yanni)

Carolina Gold (Rocky Mount, NC) "A City Never Sleeps"

New York State of Mind (Billy Joel) Metroplex (Robert Sheldon) Harlem Nocturne (Earle Hagan) Blue Rondo (Dave Brubeck) Unsquare Dance (Dave Brubeck) Birdland (Joe Zawinul)

Cincinnati Tradition (Cincinnati, OH) "El corazón de Andalucía"

Zorro (James Horner) Málaga (Bill Holman)

Excelsior (Albany, NY) "The August Rush: Music of Chuck Mangione and Don Potter"

Children of Sanchez (Mangione) I'm Gonna Fly Some Day (Potter) Bellavia (Mangione) The Hill Where the Lord Hides (Mangione) Paris Without You (Potter) Legend of the One Eyed Sailor (Mangione)

Fusion Core (Morris County, NJ) "AfriCore Untamed: Survival, Savannah, & Stampede"

Survival: Africa (Robert W. Smith) and Burning Dance (Osvaldo Camahue); Savannah (Wataru Hokoyama); Stampede: Moroccan Nights (Robert W. Smith) and The Lion King (Hans Zimmer)

Govenaires (St. Peter, MN) "What Happens In Vegas..."

Luck Be A Lady from Guys and Dolls (Frank Loesser); Money (Pink Floyd)/Money Money (Abba); Big Spender (Sweet Charity)/Can't Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)/Wedding March (Felix Menderlssohn); Viva Las Vegas (Elvis Presley)

High Country Brass (Denver, CO) Music of Blood, Sweat and Tears

You've Made Me So Very Happy, Lucretia MacEvil, Sometime In Winter, Go Down Gambling

Shenandoah Sound (Manassas Park, VA) "Crazy for You"

Music of George Gershwin: I Got Rhythm, Embraceable You, Slap That Bass, They Can't Take That Away From Me, Someone to Watch Over Me

Sunrisers (Long Island, NY) "Les Misérables"

Les Misérables (Claude-Michel Schönberg)

White Sabers (Dansville, NY) "Rhapsody in Shades of Blue"

Movement I - "Blue Pop Rocks!" -Blue Morning, Blue Day (Foreigner/Lou Gramm) -Blue by Eiffel 65 (Jeffery Jay, Maurizio Lobina, Massimo Gabutti) -Devil With A Blue Dress (Fredrick Long, Mitch Ryder) Movement II - "Blue Rondo In The Night" -Blues In The Night (Harold Arlen) -Blue Rondo ala Turk (Dave Brubeck) Movement III - "Rhapsody In Blue" -Rhapsody In Blue (George Gershwin)

Windsor Regiment (Mercer County, NJ) "Tango Nuevo"

Music of Astor Piazzolla: Michelangelo '70 Adios Nonino La Muerte del Angel

Local Shows Only

Gulf Coast Sound (Houston, TX) "Reincarnation"

Reencarnacion (Thalia); Running of the Bulls (George Shutak); Johnny's Mambo (Michael Lloyd)

SoCal Dream (Los Angeles, CA) "Dream Riffs: Something Borrowed, Something Blues"

Baroque Samba (Darmon Meader) Autumn Leaves (Joseph Kosma) Nutville (Horace Silver)

Hi Spandy,

Not to be too much of a stickler for details, but Carolina Gold is no longer based out of Rocky Mount, NC. That base of operations changed about three years ago.

We are now based in Greensboro, NC and this year is Gold's second year in Greensboro.

Thanks so much!

Bob

I updated the order of the list based on the recent Class A declarations

Hi Spandy,

Not to be too much of a stickler for details, but Carolina Gold is no longer based out of Rocky Mount, NC. That base of operations changed about three years ago.

We are now based in Greensboro, NC and this year is Gold's second year in Greensboro.

Thanks so much!

Bob

I was gonna say something about that. Thank God you guys got out of Rocky Mount, that place was just not for drum corps.

Hi Spandy,

Thanks so much!

Bob

Ok, thanks for the correction! :cool:

• 1 month later...

In case it wasn't posted (I didn't read through every post) Harrison Bushwackers Show this year in entitled "Ascent."

Hey there - Renegades are also playing "Awakenings" - an original piece by John Meehan, Dave Glyde and Brian Sears.

Thanks!