2011 DCA Repertoire

Spandy

JimF: Thanks for the spellcheck, I changed it in the OP for you :blink:

No problem, I like what the corps has put on the field in the past and pulling for any corps to make a comeback (been there, done that). Just kinda looked embarassing and not sure where the typo came from. And please put in the Mini reps...

And Grumpy... yeah :satisfied: And sometimes I like a "Second Helping". :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

FRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDD

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Like 1

We will have a formal announcement soon of our program and selections, but I will list them here also.

Title: "Division and Unity"

Antithigram - Jack Stamp

Dies Irae - W.A. Mozart

Lux Aurumque - Eric Whitacre

Niki Nana (We're One) - Yanni

Edited by radiosteele

FRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDD

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I heard it then.... :lol:

The Connecticut Hurricanes announced at their open house the title of their 2011 show - "Gershwin: Old, New and Blue". Which follows an earlier announcement of exploring the music of George Gershwin. You will need to get their official release for more information. I was just a spectator at the presentation.

Bugleman

i was also only a spectator, but the blueprint of the 2011 show is very exciting......the hurcs have played gershwin many times and it's never dissapointed! look for a great edition of the hurricanes in 11'

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The Sop solos on that song in 05 were honestly some of the best sop solos of not only that year but of all of DCA's.

i was also only a spectator, but the blueprint of the 2011 show is very exciting......the hurcs have played gershwin many times and it's never dissapointed! look for a great edition of the hurricanes in 11'

I LOVE it when they're the "Gershwicanes." For some reason, I identify Gershwin music with the Hurcs more than I do SKY. Make no mistake, BOTH Hurcs and Sky do justice to the Big City sounds of Gershwin.

SoCal Dream's design team is taking on a Jazz & Blues theme in the typical "SoCal" way to bring our fans a very exciting show!

SoCal Dream proudly announces their 2011 show entitled, "Dream Riffs: Something Borrowed, Something Blues”. Our production opens with “Baroque Samba" by Darmon Meader which begins with a traditional Baroque approach, then surprisingly changes into a high energy Samba. Our Feature: “Autumn Leaves” by Joseph Kosma offers the performer limitless creative opportunities which have inspired generations of jazz players. Our ballad: "In Her Family” by Pat Metheny is a haunting, pensive and beautiful ballad with lush harmonies that give this piece a very special texture and feel. And closing out our show is "Nutville" by Horace Silver. This piece is guaranteed to deliver a healthy dose of high paced mambo/jazz which has become a Drum Corps standard.dream_riffs-draft-logo.png

Our Feature: “Autumn Leaves”

Thom sent me the midi of the chart last night. I'm quite happy to say it does NOT overly remind me of any version Bluecoats have played (always a tough sell when you play something identified with a top corps)...a good arrangment!

Thom sent me the midi of the chart last night. I'm quite happy to say it does NOT overly remind me of any version Bluecoats have played (always a tough sell when you play something identified with a top corps)...a good arrangment!

Funny, I thought certain parts sounded totally like Blue Coats. Love the Dream arrangement though.