Who's the best looking corps out there?

OH YEAH! Now I remember the name. She was drum major in 1995 and 1996, if I remember correctly.

How could you forget '97?!? That's the year of the great DM uni!

It's called corps PRIDE. Some obviously have a more meaningful and intense connection to it than you do. You may think it's silly, but others may not. Doesn't make them wrong (actually, given the history of drum corps, quite the contrary), but they just have a different impression of what it means than you do.

If you see it as a "band uniform", then to you that's all it will ever be...

Bingo, my good sir!!!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

I love the BD "tail," as I call it. Makes for some interesting looks.

HH

It also hides one of their legs! I chose the cadets because of their classic west point style uniforms, even though the plume was a little bit too tall this year. Also, I can't help but love the stripe that everybody else has abandoned. I definitely think bluecoats come a close second/ maybe tie for first though. They invested further into the glam cop look that they started in 07 and it is totally working for them.

-Expert

• Like 1

I was torn between Phantom and Bluecoats, but in the end I went with Phantom as it's both a powerful look and also iconic. It hasn't changed all that much over the last 20+ years and it has associations for me with so many great shows.

'Coats have a fantastic look also, and is my favorite of the new breed of uniforms.

Edited by Super Don-O

OH YEAH! Now I remember the name. She was drum major in 1995 and 1996, if I remember correctly.

1996 and 1997, so I once was told: Shostakovich and Wagner.

1996 was my favorite year. I remember her being so objectified by people (read men) on RAMD. She was/is just a regular member, who was backfield in 1995 when Roderick Saunders was the podium conductor and then she was promoted in 1996. Then there was also another woman,a rook-out in 1996 and she was backfield. Only time in Regiment's history they had two women conductors.

But, that uniform turned heads.

Here is the results of Day 2, as of about 9:45pm:

Dec14.jpg

Well, Phantom Regiment is still in the lead (no surprise), but the Madison Scouts are still close behind. Still no love for the Cascades or Mandarins.

They are the same uniforms that bands use....

and I marched there.

We called them

Band uniforms

Band hats

band shoes

etc

I said band uniforms as a pun that some corps over-exaggerate and act "mean" all the time while in uniform...its a band uniform...calm down.. lol

uuuuuuuuuh.......what?

I know this. I was pointing out how The Cavaliers really don't care about the word band. And as you've pointed out, often use it in joke form.

Way to miss the point. Kinda like 1st place, you're just not gettin' it.

Without a doubt....Santa Clara Vanguard! Their crisp red and green is so clean and sharp on the field. Not to mention the aussies with those beautiful, white plumes!

I voted for the Scouts, but I'm surprised that there isn't more love for

the Vanguard. That is one of the classiest and coolest uniforms of all time!