Old School Uniforms

Very cool ;-) The Blue Stars had their honor guard in 1970's style uniforms in 2007 from what I've read.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/106263-omg-could-we-have-been-so-young/page__view__findpost__p__2059179

I think they may have also done that in 2008 or 2009 for Finals, but I can't remember which one exactly, but I do remember seeing the old uniforms.

I lack the computer skills to do this, but if someone would like to post a pic of BAC 09-10 alongside BAC 1976-78, you will note the extreme similarity of the two, with the exception of the more modern cut, of course. The corps intentionally went with the retro look in 09....the tassels on the drop were enlarged in 2010 to be even more true to the older design.

As someone who has assisted with uniform fittings in the past, I will tell you that to outfit 150 members takes a week for measuring, fitting, and tailoring. Also, the uniforms are generally "refitted" in late July/early August to compensate for the members losing weight and becoming more toned during tour...and Boston eats well!

One other note.....a BAC color guard member (whose mom was guard captain in the 70's) wore an actual 1977 Rifle uniform during the DCI finals retreat last summer.

Again, anyone with a pic?

Well, amps and synths don't have to be individually fit to specific body compositions. :cool:

Tis the season to be jolly. :tongue:

How 'bout some old school amps and maybe a moog instead of synths

Good grief I agree. Phantom Regiment Classic are black and white. Red capes? achoo! excuse me, allergies ;-)

I actually wasn't dissing them at all. The real Phantom Classic (75-79) is still my favorite uni of all time. I was just pointing out that when they did it in 86 it didn't turn out so great for them. One reason,I suspect, that they blew up the drawing board in the off-season.

How 'bout some old school amps and maybe a moog instead of synths

Well, a Moog is a synthesizer, but the "old school" idea has potential. The amps could be of the old tube variety, which would add intrigue to the shows in that one never would know when a tube might blow.

I actually wasn't dissing them at all. The real Phantom Classic (75-79) is still my favorite uni of all time. I was just pointing out that when they did it in 86 it didn't turn out so great for them. One reason,I suspect, that they blew up the drawing board in the off-season.

I’m not either. Phantom’s uniforms were always nice but their current day uniforms are absolutely stunning. I really liked their 2010 uniforms a lot. Off topic, it’s been warm here, hovering at 0 degrees C; I’ve been suffering, achoo. I might be allergic to snow mould. I have a 1974-75 recording of Alberta All Girls drum corps with a Moog synthesizer accompaniment, maybe a Minimoog. We had to haul our sound system to every winter guard rehearsal and contest. My Marantz and speakers were heavy! I’ll see if I have photos. There’re parts of the past I’d rather not redo or re-see but that’s just me :smile:

...One other note.....a BAC color guard member (whose mom was guard captain in the 70's) wore an actual 1977 Rifle uniform during the DCI finals retreat last summer.

Again, anyone with a pic?Here you go, with an accompanying article about how it came to be.

Michael, thanks for the link. That pic shows Patty in a flag uniform, but the uni worn by her daughter Jackie at finals was a black and white rifle uniform.....(remember the pants tucked into the boots? a truly classic look....) :thumbup:

Michael, thanks for the link. That pic shows Patty in a flag uniform, but the uni worn by her daughter Jackie at finals was a black and white rifle uniform.....(remember the pants tucked into the boots? a truly classic look....) :thumbup:

I agree ;-) from a 78 program that I kept...

77-bc2-a.jpg

• Like 1