Synthesizers to Possibly be Non-Existent Part of Crossmen 2011 Show

I like the title of this thread.

• Like 1

Jeff Ream, for your sake and others I hope Crossmen don't use a synth because I don't think anyone should be so depressed about drum corps as you seem to be! (I find your posts some of the time... pessimistic.)

I'm crossing my fingers for you! :smile:

I wouldn't call me depressed. I'd use fatalistic

• Like 1

In 2010 the story could have been, "Crossmen...strong visual performance missing from their show." Here's an idea...don't try to form circles if...you make them look like eggs.

I would have gone with consistent and flowing musical thoughts myself

• Like 2

I think it would be a good idea if they made an official announcement... might help with getting some support from some traditionalists.. and some very hurt alumni. Might even give a little boost to their financial support. If they do make an official announcement.. they better stick to it during the season. I'm sure they will still be using amplification... that would be a competitive disadvantage... but I believe there is NO competitive advantage or disadvantage to using synthesizers in drum corps.

What the crossmen need to do is strip all the unnecessary bull #### out of everything and just produce an awesome drum corps show. From what I am hearing from camps things are going in that direction.

I personally am SO excited for this season for them. After seeing Chuck's posts in other threads about his philosophies... knowing what the corps has done with the same design team in the past.. is enough for me to get excited. Hopefully they stay on track and get #### done this year!

i think the only thing that can help with hurt alumni is location

i think the only thing that can help with hurt alumni is location

This sentence makes no sense to me. What are you trying to say?

Jeff means that for some alumni, Bones have to come back to the PA/NJ/DE area for things to be ok.

Again, some alumni, not all.

Edited by Kyle B

Jeff means that for some alumni, Bones have to come back to the PA/NJ/DE area for things to be ok.

Again, some alumni, not all.

agreed. some alumni may bash the YEA years, but the move was a bitter blow to more than a few

• Like 1