Sun Devils Press Release

This is terribly sad news! Sun Devils are good people! The drum corps and staff is awful good too! Fight hard and get back Sun Devils!

Dave Faust

The Bucs

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Sun Devils in 2011 = A Bummer

Hang in there John. I know you have the know-how and tenacity to bring your corps back.

If fielding a drum corps was easy, anyone could do it. Luckily, John Hoekstra is not

just anyone! Stay committed brother, and remember: SDWBD (Sun Devils Winnea Bea Daunted!)

Go Sun Devils!!!

Wow sorry to hear you won't be coming out this year.

Good luck for 2012!!

No Sun Devils in 2011 = A Bummer

Hang in there John. I know you have the know-how and tenacity to bring your corps back.

If fielding a drum corps was easy, anyone could do it. Luckily, John Hoekstra is not

just anyone! Stay committed brother, and remember: SDWBD (Sun Devils Winnea Bea Daunted!)

Go Sun Devils!!!

:ph34r:

I concur with J.C. here John!!

These things are going to happen my friend..You guys will be back..hoping that you have a better time after you get over that really strange trip to Jamestown last year...between the weather and losing your truck..It doesn't get much worse than that..

Hope you and some of yours can come to Finals this year.. :thumbup:

Pat

Dang. You guys rocked last year. I had you guys placed much higher than the judges did. If the momentum could have kept on rolling who know where you guys might have ended up this year? Darn it. Oh well... hang tough. I'll be with Dick wishing to see you guys rise to the top real soon.

Thank you EVERYONE!

Planning has begun, and everyone here is committed to this 100%

There is nothing more uplifting and motivating then the support and well wishes from our peers.

Those that know how difficult it is to field a corps year after year.

Thank you all so very much!!!!

JC...I like SDWBD :)

The Buccaneers have been our mentors and friends from our very 1st show in Virginia 3 years ago.

Thank you for exuding CLASS to some new little corps from Florida!

Holly and Fusion Core are also our new friends as of last seasons parade marathon!Pancakes anyone??!

Dick, Sayre, Charlie, Pat, Liz, Fran, Ed.....you guys(and girl)rock!

We shall adapt and overcome, and Leave No Doubt!!!

John Hoekstra

Executive Director

Sun Devils

Best of luck Sun Devils! Loved playing for you and hearing you guys and gals at the parade this past year. Was hoping we could do that again.

Darn.....my favorite *new* Class A corps taking the year off....

You guys rocked the past 2 years, and I have made it a point to come see you guys at DCA's. I was even looking forward to sharing the field with you guys this year! Well....I for one will certainly miss that opportunity, and I wish you nothing but success in the future.

Keep your chin up John.....better things are to come!!!

Wow! That is all I can say. I feel quite humbled by all the positive responses. We have many irons in the fire to get our house right. And if all goes well, we hope to send a Sun Devils contingent to the Baltimore parades...this year!

Even though we will not be competing this year, the Sun Devils will remain together and strong. However personally, I will miss the DCA camaraderie that I experienced last year: the time we spent with Bucs at the parade overnight site, DCA retreat, Dinosaur BBQ, etc... The list goes on.

I really like SDWBD!

Keep an eye out on our website and DCP for SD updates throughout the year.

Wow! That is all I can say. I feel quite humbled by all the positive responses. We have many irons in the fire to get our house right. And if all goes well, we hope to send a Sun Devils contingent to the Baltimore parades...this year!

Even though we will not be competing this year, the Sun Devils will remain together and strong. However personally, I will miss the DCA camaraderie that I experienced last year: the time we spent with Bucs at the parade overnight site, DCA retreat, Dinosaur BBQ, etc... The list goes on.

I really like SDWBD!

Keep an eye out on our website and DCP for SD updates throughout the year.

:ph34r:

Hey JJ !

Just because you ain't marchin' doesn't mean you aren't welcome to DCA..

Y'all should try and come up ANYWAY..

Now I know it wouldn't be cheap, but it would be awesome to have you, John, or any other SD members come to Rochacha for Finals weekend..You know, it could prove to be interesting, only because you won't have a rehearsal schedule to follow :devil:

Think of it as a viable alternative to being in Hurricane Alley over Labor Day.. :tongue:

Waiting for SD's return... :thumbup:

Pat

Edited by goalieguy