Sun Devils Press Release

I'm going to miss you guys this summer. I was really looking forward to seeing some old friends.

One thing you need to add to your group is a kick ### fundraising team. This is what is sure to get you up and running again and keep you running. You also need to make it a requirement to participate in at least 6 fundraisers per season or pay a buy-out fee equivelent to what they would have earned. I can throw so many ideas your way if you're willing to listen.

Edited by SomeGuardChk

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former marching member of the 2010 Reading Buccaneers hornline, I can say it was a delight and a privilege to spend some time with the Sun Devils during the 4th of July. You guys are a phenomenal group of people, and I can't wait to see you on the field again sometime. Best of luck! :smile:

Wow! That is all I can say. I feel quite humbled by all the positive responses. We have many irons in the fire to get our house right. And if all goes well, we hope to send a Sun Devils contingent to the Baltimore parades...this year!

Even though we will not be competing this year, the Sun Devils will remain together and strong. However personally, I will miss the DCA camaraderie that I experienced last year: the time we spent with Bucs at the parade overnight site, DCA retreat, Dinosaur BBQ, etc... The list goes on.

I really like SDWBD!

Keep an eye out on our website and DCP for SD updates throughout the year.

On Tuesday I'm headed to Venice, FL for 6 weeks, and one of the things I was looking forward to was visiting my friends in the Sun Devils. Last year I interviewed Mark Cole for DCW, and I enjoyed seeing Eddie Doherty, JJ and John again. I wish you good luck in making a comeback. It will be a very difficult journey, but it can be done.

Glad to hear your already planning the return. I know it's going to happen!! We're rooting for you guys!! Hope to see you again in MD for pancakes :tongue:

Members of the Sun Devils,

The Excelsior organization is sad to hear that you won't be fielding a corps this year.

Excelsior understands how difficult it is to get "all the wheels turning" to get a corps on the field.

We wish you every success in your quest to return next year.

Excelsior Drum and Bugle Corps

:ph34r:

Hey JJ !

Just because you ain't marchin' doesn't mean you aren't welcome to DCA..

Y'all should try and come up ANYWAY..

Now I know it wouldn't be cheap, but it would be awesome to have you, John, or any other SD members come to Rochacha for Finals weekend..You know, it could prove to be interesting, only because you won't have a rehearsal schedule to follow :devil:

Think of it as a viable alternative to being in Hurricane Alley over Labor Day.. :tongue:

Waiting for SD's return... :thumbup:

I, for one, would contribute to a "Bring JJ to DCA" fund raiser......

Pat

I, for one, would contribute to a "Bring JJ to DCA" fund raiser......

Good luck to you guys in your efforts in making it back to the field. We at Gold know from our season off in 2007 that it will take a lot of hard work, but it's obvious you guys are determined and up to the challenge. We look forward to seeing you on the field in 2012!

Wow! That is all I can say. ... And if all goes well, we hope to send a Sun Devils contingent to the Baltimore parades...this year!

"Tour de MaryLand" baby :dancin: Hurry up here JJ! :beer: