It's been a decade...

Posted this on my facebook and got some interesting responses...

In the next decade, how long will the list be? Can we reverse it? How can more corps make it to the competition field and not just survive... but THRIVE...

Anyone have an update on any of these corps... sure hope that a few of them can rise from the ashes and entertain us again... These are all corps that competed in the last decade... 55 corps... can you imagine what the season would look like if all 55 were still competing?

Allegiance Elite - Went All-Age. no word if they are planning to compete

Americanos - Alumni Association has become very active lately

Bandettes

Cadets of New York City (aka Vision Elite)

Capital Regiment

Capital Sound/Madison Junior Scouts/Capitalaires

Chevaliers

Cincinnati Glory (and Golden Lancers)

Citations - Return for 2012?

Court of Honor

Decorah Kilties

Delta Brigade

Dimensions

Dutch Boy/North Star - Sounds like they may come back out under the North Star Name

East Coast Jazz - Rumor is they are reforming but DCI or DCA?

Edmonton Strutters

Eklipse

Emerald Knights

Esperanza

Fever

Fusion (aka Allegience Elite and Edmonton Strutters) - Allegience Elite has gone All-Age, no word if they are competing

H.Y.P.E. (aka Conqueror II)

Incognito - Hopefully will come back after being inactive in 2010

Jester

Joliet Kingsmen

Kips Bay Crusaders/Kips Bay Knight Club

Knight Storm/Royal Columbians

Lake Erie Regiment

Legend of Texas

Lehigh Valley Knights

Les Senateurs

Les Sentinelles

Marion Glory Cadets (Marion Cadets) - Sold off equipment, rumor about Cincinnati Glory trying to reform

McCullough Royal Knights

Memphis Sound - sold off equipment, but still rumors they may reform

Mystikal

Pers-Clairs

Phoenix

Phoenix Kidets

Pride of the Lions

Quebec Alliance (Les Senateurs and Les Sentinelles)

Quest

Releve Musicale

San Diego Alliance

Scenic City

Silver Knights

Spectrum - Very successful Winterguard program now

St. John's

Tampa Bay Thunder - Competing in 2011 as a DCA group

Targets - merged with Excelsior

Trinity

Twilight Knights

Vision Elite

West Coast Sound

Yamato

Esperanza is gone for good, I know that much. The corps ended under extremely poor circumstances (both financially and relationship-wise between corps leaders and instructional staff) and there remain a lot of angry ex-Esperanza instructors teaching in SoCal.

Man, I still remember going to Div 2/3 regionals in 2000 & 2001 and there being just TONS of corps there. We went to a regional in 2000 with so many competing groups, we had to perform around 7am!

La Releve Musicale is the feeder corps for Les Stentors from Sherbrooke. I think they still alive.

I am the program coordonator for a group from the subburb of Montréal for 3 years now. The name of the group is Les Ambassadeurs de la Montérégie. We are not planning to tour this year, but we will do a lot of show and parade in the province of Québec and in the northeast of the USA.

This year, we are planing to go out with 12 brass, 6 drums, 6 pit players and 12 colorguard. Our show this year is a tribute to Carlos Santana.

We are a young organisation and we want to put everything in place before touring with DCI.

• Like 1

That's great news QuebecSOP Keep doing what you are doing, and when you're ready, we're looking forward to seeing ya!

We're looking forward to sharing some good news from Edmonton with the Drum Corps community very soon!

Edited by Canadacorps
  • Like 1

San Diego Alliance continued as a WGI line until this year when they folded. Esperanza cannot return because all of their equipment is long gone

Esperanza is gone for good, I know that much.

That's too bad.

First and only time I saw them.... at Jersey Surf's show in 2003... Esperanza absolutely floored me. Really solid corps.

• Like 1

I do not know why the OC Div. has gone out of their way to turn their collective backs on the legacy fans. For that matter the WC Corps do not want us. And the OC Div.has not figured out their history is a lot longer then 10 years.I lost all respect for the OC leaders when the refused to say or do anything to celebrate the 35th year of the first DCI OC/Class A DCI finals. At least the WC made an honest attempt to do something on their 35th ann of their first Finals show. fix this disrespect to the OC legacy fans, maybe just maybe we may want to help support this great Div. Do nothing and u will get nothing in return.

Dean