FANTASIA!

Will

WOW!!! They won IW at the Rancho Cucamonga regional!! AWESOME!!!! WELCOME BACK!!! : ) and Corona got a great score too!!! YAY!!!!

WOW!!! They won IW at the Rancho Cucamonga regional!! AWESOME!!!! WELCOME BACK!!! : ) and Corona got a great score too!!! YAY!!!!

I was excited that Fantasia was "back", but I'm a little disappointed. I just finished watching the regional on Fan Network. While I think they're improved over last year, I just wasn't impressed with them. I'm pretty surprised they beat Corona and scored higher than Sac (at another show).

I'd be interested to hear from people who were actually there...

I was excited that Fantasia was "back", but I'm a little disappointed. I just finished watching the regional on Fan Network. While I think they're improved over last year, I just wasn't impressed with them. I'm pretty surprised they beat Corona and scored higher than Sac (at another show).

I'd be interested to hear from people who were actually there...

I couldn't agree more.... and find it REALLY REALLY interesting that the scores went up so much between prelims and finals - thank goodness for the time change from PA to CA.

I couldn't agree more.... and find it REALLY REALLY interesting that the scores went up so much between prelims and finals - thank goodness for the time change from PA to CA.

HA! you read my mind. . .a 4 point jump in 6 hours!?!? :w00t:

Maybe they changed the rules and now give points for recovery!? A 7.9 in equipment execution seems awfully generous!!?!? :shutup:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

yeah - no rehearsal, no changes, etc. and such a jump.... must make sure that the planned gated community is set up properly.

Well from someone who was there.. They did have rehearsal that morning and they had rehearsal after prelims. I thought it was very smart of Fantasia to wear show blacks in prelims and then bust the uniforms out in Finals. Definitely a good way to see a jump in GE scores.

I do think it is a big improvement from last year. I preferred Corona over Fantasia.

But please keep in mind that last season at the San Diego regional Fantasia beat Diamante and First Flight. and in the end, First Flight was 12th, Diamante was 14th and fantasia was 17th or 18th?

what did everyone think about the other shows?

Well from someone who was there.. They did have rehearsal that morning and they had rehearsal after prelims. I thought it was very smart of Fantasia to wear show blacks in prelims and then bust the uniforms out in Finals. Definitely a good way to see a jump in GE scores.

I do think it is a big improvement from last year. I preferred Corona over Fantasia.

But please keep in mind that last season at the San Diego regional Fantasia beat Diamante and First Flight. and in the end, First Flight was 12th, Diamante was 14th and fantasia was 17th or 18th?

what did everyone think about the other shows?

big fan of corona! the set, the equipment, staging is all wonderful - - - and i love the music!

big fan of corona! the set, the equipment, staging is all wonderful - - - and i love the music!

You can't go wrong with 'Paper Doll' by Rosie Thomas. .it is an amazing piece of music, that's sad and hauntingly beautiful. Corona is definitely my favorite so far, but I think what Sac is doing conceptually is really creative and should vault them ahead of both Corona and Fantasia, which means of course. .that Fantasia will in the end beat them both! :devil:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I am calling the corona vs. onyx battle this year "Paper or Plastic".

I love that Fantasia is doing Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral, but they need to "proceed" to tech block. Along time ago I was told that catching is a basic skill. And while I appreciate the risks they are taking, you can't drop that much and not have it effect your upstairs numbers. Well... outside of California.

That being said, I love it! Welcome back Fantasia, and Corona... you bettah get it!

As someone who was there for both prelims and finals, I am not at all surprised that Fantasia beat Corona. Both had absolutely amazing shows, but Fantasia seemed a step ahead in design. I loved their show. There was one part of Fantasia's show (after the long rifle exchange sequence) that was very reminiscent of Fantasia 2004. For me, Corona's show seemed a bit hard to follow. Conceptually, Blessed Sac is absolutely brilliant., but I prefer the flow and weapon content of Fantasia's show. We'll just have to see where Onyx/SCV/NEi play into this! It's looking to be a very competitive, amazing season! Shame that Pride won't be here this season, but I'm anticipating their return. :smile: