DCPI Finals Venue

Galen

Finals Venue for season 16  

12 members have voted

1. 1. The host for DCPI season 16 will be...

• Champaign IL
    • Cleveland OH
    • Kansas City MO
    • Madison WI
    • Minneapolis MN

Wisconsin. I think doing Open at Lambeau and A at Whitewater would be epic. "Epic" as defined in a dictionary, not by a high-schooler.

Edited by Tyler C.

Just one day left to vote!

And the winner is...

Madison1.jpg

3032927473_4c29131915.jpg

Camp-Randall.jpg

Preliminary registration and a preview of the tour schedule will be available sometime around St. Patrick's Day, and full Corps Registration will start on April 1st.

If you have not updated your corps information in the DCPI director database on www.drumcorpsfantasy.com, please take a moment to do so.

Woohoo! Just look at that sea of Crimson Lions fans filling the stadium. hehe!

And so I'm not teasing only Hostrauser (Madison is his home field), I'll toss this tease out to everyone.

fbeseasonxvi.jpg

Good lord you're ahead of the game. I have ONE song chosen for Polaris' show, that's it. I'm seriously considering composing another original show for either Oregon or Xothyme, since I already have the drum corps manuscript paper all set up the way I like in Sibelius from my last original show.

Good lord you're ahead of the game. I have ONE song chosen for Polaris' show, that's it. I'm seriously considering composing another original show for either Oregon or Xothyme, since I already have the drum corps manuscript paper all set up the way I like in Sibelius from my last original show.

Ha! I've had *alot* of extra boring time to fill recently...

Open and A Class were easy picks - I tried to fit too much into the Privateers show last season, and ended up cutting the Tortuga section. We chose to expand on it and base the entire show on partying in a pirate port. Plunder, wenches, drinking, bar fights, wenches... it was easy!

I had been thinking about the Barnstormers show all last season, and keeping with their rock'n'roll aeronautics persona "ME262" simply fell right in place. The mellophone section is going to get a major-league workout this season.

The Crimson Lions were far more difficult. We at FB!E wanted to go to a more traditional show but couldn't decide exactly what we wanted to do. We were divided on going in a Glenn Miller direction or Ippolitov-Ivanov. After some poking around the archives I stumbled on an old recording - and since many World corps seem to be doing a somewhat "dark" theme this year - Danse Macabre appeared a perfect fit. Now I just need to worry about getting the pyrotechnics right (and no injuries!).

And so, I get to be bored for the next couple months. hehe!