Dayton Regional

Make sure to pack your galoshes, rain bonnets and umbrellas, it looks like it's gonna be a wet one for the Dayton Regional. Luckily...it's just going to be rain, and not snow! Also, if I remember correctly.. units have to briefly move outside from warm-up to the performance venue, so make plans to protect your silks, floor and feet from the rain!

weet.jpg

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Make sure to pack your galoshes, rain bonnets and umbrellas, it looks like it's gonna be a wet one for the Dayton Regional. Luckily...it's just going to be rain, and not snow! Also, if I remember correctly.. units have to briefly move outside from warm-up to the performance venue, so make plans to protect your silks, floor and feet from the rain!

weet.jpg

It's going to be a wet one in Scholastic World indoors! Potenitally 10 of the 15 finalist in one place.... i'm excited to see this play out!

it looks like it's gonna be a wet one for the Dayton Regional.

i'm already "moist as a snack cake" with antici.....pation! :rolleyes:

Since they're not up yet on WGI's site, I looked at the first round SA scores as I was walking out the door. I only got a quick look, but I think it was

Caste 79 something

Franklin Central about a point back?

Dixie Heights 73 something

Vermillion

Jamestown

Jenison

I think Darby and Kings are after that but can't remember in which order. I know it's not much, but for those who are anxiously awaiting at home, hopefully this will help...and yes it's still raining here! :-)

I'll make the excruciating 2 minute drive back for the start of Open and stay till the end!

I saw both Bellbrook and Milford in round 2, and both were wonderful!!!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Wow...what an amazing regional this has turned out to be, and there's still another day left! Color me happy! Okay, so let's break down Scholastic World. This was the regional that was 'supposed' to give us some indication on what might happen at WGI, well I can tell you that it hasn't. What I do know is that Carmel and Avon will most likely be medalists. In what position, I'm not sure!? But did you realize that right now after prelims, there is basically a 3 point spread between 5th place and 11th place....yes a 3 point spread, that means ANYTHING can happen in a month, and anything probably will. Heck, I foresee some movement between these 11 groups tomorrow! For frame of reference, For the last 2 years the guard that has finished 2nd to last at the Dayton regional has gone on to place 5th at WGI (Warren Central in 2009, and Marian Catholic in 2010) They jumped MANY groups that beat them a month prior at this regional. Just some food for thought!

Personally, I thought Norwin would be a lot higher, their score is utterly shocking (but it is a subjective activity with so called experts making the calls) I thought Burg would also be up around a 76. But, c'est la vie! Right!? :-)

Anyway...all the groups that performed today should be extremely proud! I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning for finals!

PS...scores seemed pretty low for the 5th-11th place groups.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Wow what a WET and crazy day in Dayton! Here's my random thoughts of the day:

Scholastic World: Trumbull and Northview shocked the socks off of me! Their technique was fantastic!!! They were a pleasant surprise and they were rewarded for it. Carmel wasn't as fantastic as I was expecting but I think they will pull it off at WGI. Avon and Warren Central bring some MUCH needed enthusiasm back to the sport. Center Grove had a rough start due to sound system issues and seemed too rattled to get their mojo back. Miamisburg had a flat run but has lots of potential to move up. I just wasn't in to centerville, marion catholic, norwin or lawrence central...not my cup of tea!

Independent World: ZYDECO...WOW what an amazing show. I'ts difficult to take it all in because there's so much to watch. They are definitely the favorite of the crowd and ME TOO!!! They rocked the house!!

Don't care for Onyx at all...I'm a fan of ensemble.. not diggin it. Juxtaposition is very entertaining and pulls out some fun tricks. Who doesn't love Bohemian Rhapsody.

One thing is for sure...my butt hurts from sitting so long today! I hardly got up b/c I didn't want to miss anything!

Ok I have to say it because it's driving me crazy...what is up with the awful music( if that's what you'd call it) being used by Lawrence Central and Onyx??? Obviously the judges like it but I feel terrible for the performers that have to listen to that for hours upon hours. Not trying to be a hater I applaud ALL performers but wonder if anyone feels the same? It took the enjoyment out of their shows for me. I literally saw people in the crowd with their fingers in their ears.

That being said...I want to mention that the people at Kettering's Trent Arena put on a great color guard show(Mid east Regional) and what a beautiful venue..if the groups didn't have to brave a short jaunt outside to get from warm-up to the performance area I'd say it was the perfect location for color guard. Kuddos!! Too bad I have to get a second job to afford the admission prices. LOL

Just a general question... I was comparing scores from season, and is it just me or are scores a lot lower this time last year!???????