2011 SW Class

So, I'm new to this whole forum thing...but wanted to know if anyone else noticed that SW is going to be a bloodbath this year?! Lots of interesting shows and lots of surprises!! Carmel is amazing and professional as I've ever seen. Such maturity!....and Northview?!?!?! Where in the heck did they come from?? Thoughts?

So, I'm new to this whole forum thing...but wanted to know if anyone else noticed that SW is going to be a bloodbath this year?! Lots of interesting shows and lots of surprises!! Carmel is amazing and professional as I've ever seen. Such maturity!....and Northview?!?!?! Where in the heck did they come from?? Thoughts?

Northview came from Brazil, IN...lol.

And they've been a SW class finalist since the late 80s. No surprise to see such a strong showing from a unit of their calibre.

Scholastic World is always super competitive....more so than any other class. The guards in this class are in this class for a reason. They are the most talented and have the best design teams in the business. Many of the guards in this class have been consistent finalists for over 25 years.

Scholastic World also always seems to have a surprise every year.....just because you are ranked out of finals in March does not mean anything at this point of the game. Guards like Kennesaw Mountain a few years ago were so far out of finals that no one thought twice about them....and then in Dayton they were in the upper half of finals.

Northview came from Brazil, IN...lol.

And they've been a SW class finalist since the late 80s. No surprise to see such a strong showing from a unit of their calibre.

I too was pleasantly surprised by Northview. They are ALWAYS good but this year they have risen to GREATNESS! Way to go NV!! Looking very sophisticated!

Scholastic World is always super competitive....more so than any other class. The guards in this class are in this class for a reason. They are the most talented and have the best design teams in the business. Many of the guards in this class have been consistent finalists for over 25 years.

Scholastic World also always seems to have a surprise every year.....just because you are ranked out of finals in March does not mean anything at this point of the game. Guards like Kennesaw Mountain a few years ago were so far out of finals that no one thought twice about them....and then in Dayton they were in the upper half of finals.

I think if the trend continues they will have to take 20 finalists at WGI since there are more and more SW guards reaching such exquisiteness!! Lets take a vote! :thumbup:

I think if the trend continues they will have to take 20 finalists at WGI since there are more and more SW guards reaching such exquisiteness!! Lets take a vote! :thumbup:

No you don't take more because SW guards are having a good year, it just becomes more competitive to get into finals.

Good Luck to all. :smile:

No you don't take more because SW guards are having a good year, it just becomes more competitive to get into finals.

Good Luck to all. :smile:

Was just trying to get more for the money at WGI. Can never get enough of excellent color guards! :rolleyes:

Sad to hear that Tarpon Springs pulled out of world championships - anyone know why?

I am pleased to see Northview back in the thick of things after a couple of rebuilding seasons (during which they were still excellent!). Not too jazzed about Miamisburg though... hopefully it'll be better in person.

I LOVE Carmel and James Logan!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!

Blessed Sacrament is amazing - truly my favorite group this year in the IW class. Santa Clara is a close second. Medalists for sure (and I hope its the gold and silver). Onyx is still not impressing me - looks too much like chaotic running around and hardly anything that makes sense to me. I did like some of the staging for the flags though - that was fun to watch happen.

Sonnor is wonderful - that flag phrase goes on, and on, and on, and on... wow!! I sure would love to see them get back into the top 15 groups come April.