Gas prices

With gas being $4 a gallon now in CA, do you think that will effect attendance at shows.

If gas stays high this summer will you travel to Indy?

No. Not much difference in fuel prices compared to $3 / gallon especially when you compare the slightly higher fuel costs versus what you're spending on the full package - tickets, programs, t-shirts, food and drinks. If anything it will hurt the sales of souvies.

No. Not much difference in fuel prices compared to $3 / gallon especially when you compare the slightly higher fuel costs versus what you're spending on the full package - tickets, programs, t-shirts, food and drinks. If anything it will hurt the sales of souvies.

Rising fuel costs will certainly impact the travel expenses of the Corps. This we can all agree on.

• Like 1

And from what I remember in 2008, Indiana is one of the states with the highest gas prices.

I know I've always paid much more for gas than when I'm in Illinois.

Edited because I meant to write "more" and not "less," getting confused by Mies Van der Rohe's admonition that "less is more."

Edited by Michael Boo

I know I've always paid much less for gas than when I'm in Illinois.

I guess it all depends on where you eat, Michael. That said, you should be all set if you travel by bus and take along your bus partner thingy.

Edited by BRASSO

I guess it all depends on where you eat, Michael. That said, you should be all set if you travel by bus and take along your bus partner thingy.

Is that code for something?

I live just a few minutes from the Illinois border near Chicago, so I get into Illinois quite a bit...not to mention that I lived in Illinois for 39 years. Never had a bus partner thingy, though. What am I missing?

A good rule of thumb for anyone traveling is if you stop for gas near a town, you'll generally find cheaper gas at the stations 1/2 mile or further from the Interstate stations.

Is that code for something?

I live just a few minutes from the Illinois border near Chicago, so I get into Illinois quite a bit...not to mention that I lived in Illinois for 39 years. Never had a bus partner thingy, though. What am I missing?

A good rule of thumb for anyone traveling is if you stop for gas near a town, you'll generally find cheaper gas at the stations 1/2 mile or further from the Interstate stations.

Sorry for the confusion Michael. I should have made myself more clear that one can get gas at a restaurant and pay dearly for it. I thought however that your bus partner contraption you showed us on another thread this week would mitigate such gas pains on any long trips taken by bus.

Sorry for the confusion Michael. I should have made myself more clear that one can get gas at a restaurant and pay dearly for it. I thought however that your bus partner contraption you showed us on another thread this week would mitigate such gas pains on any long trips taken by bus.

Ah, I remember now. I'm in the process of developing a backpack system so I can take the contraption anywhere I can walk, except for airports, of course, as I doubt I would get it through security.