Something to put a little humor back on these forums

Only because I think all aspects of Drum Corps (Junior, All-Age, Minis, Non-competing (aka Alumni type) have to be healthy for the activity for survive. So any slam toward any of these areas is not good for the activity. And yes, I'm an All-Age/Alumni type guy who doesn't like it when people from my area(s) slam the Jr side.

Cool story, bro!

PS - it's a comic, not a slam.

PPS - You still don't get it.

• Like 2

Cool story, bro!

PS - it's a comic, not a slam.

PPS - You still don't get it.

Understood it's a comic and thought it was pretty #### good to find something distinctive for all the corps. Looks like some of the stuff I saw back in the 70s. Also thought it was good enough to try it for that "other circuit" called DCA as the "personality" of each corps is pretty distinctive too.

Just didn't like what I thought was a slam at the All-Age side that no one would read it. Guessing your reason is DCA has no fans? No biggie and really didn't want to derail the thread or (mainly) have the OP think twice before they try this again.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Understood it's a comic and thought it was pretty #### good to find something distinctive for all the corps. Looks like some of the stuff I saw back in the 70s. Also thought it was good enough to try it for that "other circuit" called DCA as the "personality" of each corps is pretty distinctive too.

Just didn't like what I thought was a slam at the All-Age side that no one would read it. Guessing your reason is DCA has no fans? No biggie and really didn't want to derail the thread or (mainly) have the OP think twice before they try this again.

No, the reason DCA has no fans is because it's sad to watch out-of-shape, middle-aged people try and march again. :thumbup:

• Like 3

man... the dude just picked some corps and tried to make a joke about them. I don't think he thought for weeks and weeks about what corps to use. You do see that all junior corps are not included as well?

I am confused about how you can read the comic linked in the OP as a bash on DCA...

No, the reason DCA has no fans is because it's sad to watch out-of-shape, middle-aged people try and march again. :thumbup:

Well since I'm sure you bought tickets for these shows to know what you're talking about I'll leave you alone. :devil:

• Like 3

touché

No problem... and in case anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm actually having fun with the give and take here. Posting with people you totally agree with is boring and I'm too #### old (53) to get bored. LOL, tomorrows "excitment" is going to practice and try to keep up with the three or four 20 somethings in my section.

• Like 2

man... the dude just picked some corps and tried to make a joke about them. I don't think he thought for weeks and weeks about what corps to use. You do see that all junior corps are not included as well?

I am confused about how you can read the comic linked in the OP as a bash on DCA...

Ooops bad wording on my part, the slam (if it was one) came from luvs me some mellos in Post #7, NOT the OP.... Please re-read my first paragraph for my thoughts on the comic itself.. uhh.. I LIKED it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

I really appreciate someone posting my comic on here. That is awesome.

With that being said, the reason why I only do DCI World Class corps in my comics is because that is what I know, and I only try to write what I know. I have never been to a DCA show nor a DCI open class (or Div II or III in the past) show.

I like creating these comics for fun and sometimes I do try to make a point with them, but rarely ever. To be honest I can't exactly remember if I wrote this comic before or after the DCI Atlanta show last year (the only show I got to see last year).

So, read them for fun. Try not to take them too seriously. They are meant to enlighten your day.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 2