World Class Rankings and Predictions? Close?

downupdown

So going by these rankings its seems like 14th-23rd Place could go ANY WAY. I don't think one guard is more of a shoe in than the other. I truly think this year it will come down to who comes out, is different, who is clean, who performs their best and who leaves it all on the floor. I can't say I agree at all with Opus X where they are at. They are just OK, they set no new standards. Black Watch should be MUCH Higher. Cypress (looks like an old Michael James show), First Flight, Diamante looks like Corona Open, not a world guard this season, Premonition (NEi Open not world class level, but I guess Jill and Robby teaching them boosted their score) and Paramount are all scored too high IN MY Opinion. I am sure everyone else has theirs that is just mine. Braddock, SCV and Fantasia are my Top 3 this season by fay. Between 22nd and 16th place there is a 2 point difference, and Imbue is not going to Ohio so anything can happen. This should be exciting. Please do NOT Bash my opinion, it is just how I feel inside. Thats all, no hard intended!

RankGuardLatest ScoreWeek #Projected WGI ScoreWGI?1Onyx92.85894.85Y2Santa Clara Vanguard92.3894.30Y3Braddock Independent90.35892.35Y4Blessed Sacrament88.6791.60Y5Fantasia88.95890.95Y6Zydeco Colorguard88.9890.90Y7Corona88.05890.05Y8Opus 1086.95789.95Y9Alter Ego85.25788.25Y10Cypress Independent85.1788.10Y11First Flight85.9887.90Y12Premonition85887.00Y13Black Watch83.9786.90Y14Diamante83885.00Y15Imbue82.85884.85N16Ars Nova81.75784.75Y17Emanon81.15784.15Y18Paramount81.35883.35Y19Black Gold79.3782.30Y20Juxtaposition WG76.9581.90Y21Lealta79.5881.50Y22Fahrenheit79.35881.35Y23O275.6580.60Y24Rhapsody77.4879.40Y25Sonnor76779.00Y26FeniX Independent76.65878.65Y27Etude73.3578.30Y28Eklipse73.45875.45Y29In Motion Performance Ensemble70.1872.10Y30Black Lavender67.25770.25Y31Entity66.7868.70N32Lake Erie Regiment56.1561.10Yspacer.gif

It is completely possible for scores and groups to move around. However, if you are in IW and haven't broken 80 yett I wouldn't expect to be in finals. I don't expect groups between 18th-23rd to move around much. The groups in the rankings (which to remind everyone are just that rankings, a guess, a projected score) in the 12th to 17th range tend to move around a bit.

To your comments on some of the groups you called out:

Opus X does what they do. They move beautifully and stick to a style. They may not be "setting new standards" but I didn't realize that you had to be doing that in IW class to be successful. For some reason on this forum people think that is so important. If you are doing colorguard and doing it right you get rewarded for it. Braddock independent is doing just that. They are doing colorguard and doing it well!!

I agree with the comment of Black Watch. I feel like this show is much stronger than last years, but there are a lot of groups who have stronger shows than their productions last year.

I have not taken the time to watch Cypress, First Flight, or Diamante.

In regards to your comments on Premonition, I have seen them live and truly enjoy the show. Yes Robby and Jill from NEi may have gone in to help with the production but there are still elements of Premonition there. It is just not the in your face, aggressive shows they have done the last few years. You know its funny that people are calling out Opus X for not setting new standards, but Premonition changes their look for a season and people are up in arms that they look like NEI -.- (I think Premo is being scored correctly. The performers SELL their show)

I have not watched Paramount but they are being scored too high??

Here are my predictions for the top 15 in IW:

1. SCV

2. Onyx

3. Sac or Braddock

4. Sac or Braddock (This is going to be a great thing for another Florida IW group or an upset. It's whoever has the better show!)

5. Fantasia

6. Corona

7. Zydeco

8. Alter Ego

9. Opus X

10. Cypress

11. Black Watch

12. First Flight

13. Premonition

14. Diamante

15. Ars Nova

Actually, to achieve Box 6 in World Class, "sets new standards" is a requirement. That doesn't mean a group won't be successful if they don't set new standards, but it actually is a requirement to achieve the highest level of success.

BTW - Saw Opus X at the Dallas regional. Exquisite! We can't wait to see all these world class guards in Dayton! Of course, we're cheering for our Texas teams, but everyone in our group has their personal favorites as well :-)

quote:

"They may not be "setting new standards" but I didn't realize that you had to be doing that in IW class to be successful."

It is completely possible for scores and groups to move around. However, if you are in IW and haven't broken 80 yett I wouldn't expect to be in finals. I don't expect groups between 18th-23rd to move around much. The groups in the rankings (which to remind everyone are just that rankings, a guess, a projected score) in the 12th to 17th range tend to move around a bit.

To your comments on some of the groups you called out:

Opus X does what they do. They move beautifully and stick to a style. They may not be "setting new standards" but I didn't realize that you had to be doing that in IW class to be successful. For some reason on this forum people think that is so important. If you are doing colorguard and doing it right you get rewarded for it. Braddock independent is doing just that. They are doing colorguard and doing it well!!

I agree with the comment of Black Watch. I feel like this show is much stronger than last years, but there are a lot of groups who have stronger shows than their productions last year.

I have not taken the time to watch Cypress, First Flight, or Diamante.

In regards to your comments on Premonition, I have seen them live and truly enjoy the show. Yes Robby and Jill from NEi may have gone in to help with the production but there are still elements of Premonition there. It is just not the in your face, aggressive shows they have done the last few years. You know its funny that people are calling out Opus X for not setting new standards, but Premonition changes their look for a season and people are up in arms that they look like NEI -.- (I think Premo is being scored correctly. The performers SELL their show)

I have not watched Paramount but they are being scored too high??

Here are my predictions for the top 15 in IW:

1. SCV

2. Onyx

3. Sac or Braddock

4. Sac or Braddock (This is going to be a great thing for another Florida IW group or an upset. It's whoever has the better show!)

5. Fantasia

6. Corona

7. Zydeco

8. Alter Ego

9. Opus X

10. Cypress

11. Black Watch

12. First Flight

13. Premonition

14. Diamante

15. Ars Nova

I hope with all my heart that Braddock medals. They have done nothing but build up that program and the show this year is NOTHING but amazing. I don't believe South FL has come home with a IW medal....and I think it's about time.

I think Black Watch is AMAZING!!! Their show is sooooo visual pleasing. Corona is genius with their show.

But I do have to say my favorite is Zydeco! Their flag line book is soooooooo good! I would kill to have that kind of work.

And as far as the "setting new standards" statement....I think there is a line. Yes, Onyx has a unique show but if you're going to set new standards, you should have a show everyone can understand.

PrfctTimeofday you are correct about beatrix and juxta. I forgot about that video I saw of beatrix not too long ago on that undisclosed website!

Flagline I agree with you! Zydeco has a great show this year! I have enjoyed it from the first time I saw them! Love love love the flag line work and I'm a weapon!

Yes, Onyx has a unique show but if you're going to set new standards, you should have a show everyone can understand.

Tell that to Pablo Picasso

• Like 1