The Boston Crusaders 2011

I was lucky enough to spend most of the long weekend with the corps, and it occurred to me that this is their 7th year at New Hampton for move-in. Over the weekend, they worked hard, ate well, and went through tons of sunscreen. It was in the upper 80's both Sunday and Monday, which is pretty warm for the end of May in the mountains of New Hampshire.

Morale is VERY high, which you could reasonably expect early on, but it didn't hurt that they had grilled steak for dinner on the second night... :thumbup:

Oh, and one other thing....I didn't hear a single member even mention G8, TOC, etc etc etc.....apparently, they are alot less concerned with this aspect of the season than many of us here in DCP Land. In fact, I'm quite sure that many if not most don't even know about it. :smile:

They do seem pretty determined, though.

Edited by craiga
  • Like 3

Got up to move in for ensemble rehearsal last night, great weather and music!

Lot's of good updates on the official fb page:

http://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to spend most of the long weekend with the corps, and it occurred to me that this is their 7th year at New Hampton for move-in. Over the weekend, they worked hard, ate well, and went through tons of sunscreen. It was in the upper 80's both Sunday and Monday, which is pretty warm for the end of May in the mountains of New Hampshire.

Morale is VERY high, which you could reasonably expect early on, but it didn't hurt that they had grilled steak for dinner on the second night... :thumbup:

Oh, and one other thing....I didn't hear a single member even mention G8, TOC, etc etc etc.....apparently, they are alot less concerned with this aspect of the season than many of us here in DCP Land. In fact, I'm quite sure that many if not most don't even know about it. :smile:

They do seem pretty determined, though.

What a great set up for the kids practice in FL during the winter. Practice in the mountains of NH before the season starts. Great food, new equipment, great management team and staff along with a supportive alum. thumbup.gif

Visit ://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders and check out the daiily schedule, feels like you are there!

Schedule for Saturday 6/4/11 - New Hampton, NH

7:00am - Wake

7:15am - PT (scaffolding crew goes with Admin to line rehearsal field for the Battery)

8:15am - Battery packs equipment to move to different location for the day

8:30am - Breakfast

9:00am - Battery transported to the days rehearsal location

9:30am - Guard and Brass: Visual at lower field

Pit: Music rehearsal in upper gym

Battery: Rehearsal at other location

1:15pm - Lunch on site for Brass, Guard, and Pit. Delivered to the Battery by the admin.

2:15pm - Guard: Rehearsal in lower gym

Brass: Music Rehearsal in Auditorium

Pit: Music Rehearsal in Upper Gym

4:15pm - Brass Rehearsal done. Get ready for a performance for the New Hampton School Alumni Reunion

4:50pm - Brass Line up

5:00pm - Brass Performance for the New Hampton School Alumni Reunion

5:15pm - Battery Rehearsal done. Load up to move back to New Hampton School.

5:30pm - Brass Performance complete. Change and clean up equipment

Guard Rehearsal complete. Clean up lower gym and equipment

Pit Rehearsal complete. Clean up upper gym and equipment

6:00pm - All: Free Evening Off! (Well Deserved!)

8:00pm - Presentation of Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary in the auditorium

10:15pm - Presentation of old BAC shows!

11:00pm - Lights half out

12:00am - Light all out

• Like 1

Visit ://www.facebook.com/BostonCrusaders and check out the daiily schedule, feels like you are there!

Schedule for Saturday 6/4/11 - New Hampton, NH

7:00am - Wake

7:15am - PT (scaffolding crew goes with Admin to line rehearsal field for the Battery)

8:15am - Battery packs equipment to move to different location for the day

8:30am - Breakfast

9:00am - Battery transported to the days rehearsal location

9:30am - Guard and Brass: Visual at lower field

Pit: Music rehearsal in upper gym

1:15pm - Lunch on site for Brass, Guard, and Pit. Delivered to the Battery by the admin.

2:15pm - Guard: Rehearsal in lower gym

Brass: Music Rehearsal in Auditorium

Pit: Music Rehearsal in Upper Gym

4:15pm - Brass Rehearsal done. Get ready for a performance for the New Hampton School Alumni Reunion

4:50pm - Brass Line up

5:00pm - Brass Performance for the New Hampton School Alumni Reunion

5:15pm - Battery Rehearsal done. Load up to move back to New Hampton School.

5:30pm - Brass Performance complete. Change and clean up equipment

Guard Rehearsal complete. Clean up lower gym and equipment

Pit Rehearsal complete. Clean up upper gym and equipment

6:00pm - All: Free Evening Off! (Well Deserved!)

8:00pm - Presentation of Les Misérables in Concert: The 25th Anniversary in the auditorium

10:15pm - Presentation of old BAC shows!

11:00pm - Lights half out

12:00am - Light all out

Nice clip on face book of the horn line. Love the sound of the new horns.

Nice clip on face book of the horn line. Love the sound of the new horns.

On Boston Face Book. A clip of Mr Pace working with Boston. Great to have Mr Pace a DCI hall of fame member, working with Boston. thumbup.gif

http://www.bostoncrusaders.com/news/200-spring-fling-one-week

One Week to Spring Fling 2011

The excitement is building for next week’s Spring Fling! As usual, you will be able to join in on our now infamous activites:

Joe Ricci Bingo (cash prizes)

Steve Slyne Lottery Board raffle (win a chance to scratch over $200 worth of lottery tickets)

Silent and live auctions items*.

This year we are excited to introduce basket raffles offering chances to win Red Sox or Patriots tickets.

As always, the night will recognize our 2011 Hall of Fame inductees, Jack LaSelva, Ed McCabe and Rick Woodall as well as our Joseph P. Ricci Jr. volunteer of the year recipient Karen Dillard.

Our special evening wouldn’t be complete without an in your face performance by the Boston Crusader Senior Drum & Bugle corps and the premier performance of the 2011 Boston Crusaders!

Beyond a Filet Mignon dinner, dessert, a door prize ticket and performances you won't forget, you will get to meet up with old friends and see and hear the corps before anyone else. Tickets are only $35 and are still available here.

*Live auction items include: 4 days & 3 nights in a Royal Tower room at the Atlantis Paradise Island, 4 floor seats to a Celtics game and dining at a private TD Garden Club, 4 Club level tickets to Keith Urban with Limo service, 4 seats at a Red Sox game 7 rows from the field directly behind the batting circle and more!

• Like 1

I cannot wait to see BAC, and for some reason I've been on a recent Les Mis addiction, so that mixed with their hornline is already making me happy.

Does anyone know what songs out of Les Mis they are doing?

On BAC facebook 2011 field pass or dci. short video clip talk about it.