Tour Shoes

I just want to know what kind of shoes/brands you guys are using for the season. So far, I have used Asics twice and each time they held up pretty well. The only thing I don't like about Asics on tour is the bulkiness when I march.

I just want to know what kind of shoes/brands you guys are using for the season. So far, I have used Asics twice and each time they held up pretty well. The only thing I don't like about Asics on tour is the bulkiness when I march.

Likewise, I brought 2 identical pairs of Asics (with Superfeet Insoles) on tour last summer, and they held up quite well. My knee didn't bother me nearly as much as I expected. Very comfortable and supportive!

Last season was my third season, but it was my first season using Asics. In my previous years I used new balance, but I decided to go with Asics because everybody said they were good. Some shoes work for you, and some don't. I can tell you that Asics did not work for me because I had this unbearable pain in my left knee that had not been there in the previous two seasons. When we were in Texas, it rained and that's it the injury was the worst. Eventually it went away (I didn't sit out...). I don't know if the injury was because of the shoes or just my body telling me it's had enough of drum corps being on its third season. The point of the story is to find shoes that work for you. What's good for one person isn't good for another person.

• Like 1

I wore New Balance for 4 summers, and had some pain in my knees by the 4th summer.

My age out summer I went to a running store - they watched me run, and "prescribed" shoes that fit my movement type and foot type. They ended up being $150+ shoes but they felt amazing.

The shoes are the most important investment (except perhaps a large supply of melty gooey DCT!) that you will take on tour.

The shoes are the most important investment (except perhaps a large supply of melty gooey DCT!) that you will take on tour.

Actually, I wouldn't recommend using DCT anymore. Apparently they released a new version of it that has chemicals in it that make it bad for those of us who would use it during drum corps (apologies because I can't remember the specifics, but I've heard this from many people). Burt's Bees is the way to go now.

• Like 1