What corps should use "Friday" as an encore tune?

With the news that "Glee" has produced a cover of Rebecca Black's "Friday" (to be performed on next week's show), can we as an activity continue to ignore this classic of American ingenuity?

The question then is thus: Which corps (singular) or corps (plural) should perform "Friday" in its post-show finale production?

And this is thinking outside the box: How about if all Semifinalist corps performed it Friday night in Indianapolis for the finale?

Okay; I'm not serious about the Indy thing, but as for a corps (or more) pulling it out for the finales, would the audience get into the spirit? It seems like we somehow missed out on the whole Rick-Roll phenomenon. This is our chance to make it up.

I was out of town on April 1, so have some fun with this. (We need more levity around here.) May the meme be with you.

• Like 2

Dearest Mr. Boo:

Normally, I have great respect for your opinions and well-written articles. However, I cannot stand idly by and allow these atrocities to happen on hallowed football fields (especially blue ones) during the summer months. The fact that one musical atrocity (Glee) has covered yet another musical atrocity (Friday/Rebecca Black) would be something that would violate all that DCI stands for. Forget G Bugles, A&E, Woodwinds, etc., THIS will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. We as the drum corps community must stand against the evil that is represented in these musical shenanigans. Do not allow DCI to be killed by this nonsense! Mr. Boo, I eagerly await the time when you come back to your senses.

Sincerely,

BroncoTrooper

P.S. Before all of the Boo-Birds (see what I did there?) come out of the woodwork, this post is entirely in jest. Sort of. In order to further convey the tone of the message, I shall now make heavy use of this emoticon: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

• Like 6

Seriously...If a corps wants to get an audience reacting with in during the encore, they would have no problem doing so if the drum major turned about and cued them in for each "yeah!" that comes after "partyin', partyin'."

• Like 2

Seriously...If a corps wants to get an audience reacting with in during the encore, they would have no problem doing so if the drum major turned about and cued them in for each "yeah!" that comes after "partyin', partyin'."

While I hate that song, you are most likely correct!

While I hate that song, you are most likely correct!

I hope you'll be able to keep decorum while pumping your fist in the air. :tongue: