DCI's big idea for Chase Community Giving

Big Idea

On the eve of its 40th anniversary, Drum Corps International will invest its grant in several initiatives, focused on engaging more young people in its current and future activities through their participation in and appreciation of this unique art form, while preserving the legacy of marching music in the United States.

Spotlighting the PRESENT

Through technology and live interaction, this grant will connect thousands of students and millions of their fans worldwide in exciting new ways.

Developing the FUTURE

Expanding innovative extracurricular programming and developing experiential learning opportunities, we will better equip our corps to inspire and train new generations of educators and student leaders.

Preserving the PAST

As specialized marching music groups, drum and bugle corps have evolved well beyond their military origins. This grant helps create physical and digital archives of historical photos, recordings and memorabilia enabling scholarly research and historical preservation.

and a cool video too!

http://www.dci.org/chase/

thoughts?

• Like 1

I'd be happy to see DCI get the cash but it seems like their big idea is to do exactly what they are already doing.

• Like 2

I'd be happy to see DCI get the cash but it seems like their big idea is to do exactly what they are already doing.

Perhaps, but this money would allow them to get these 'programs' going much faster and at a much larger scale. The state of drum corps right now - maybe DCI better hurry when gathering historic artifacts???

....but I am voting for 4 different drum corps and just once for DCI.

Uh, that sounds like good business and something every business strives for....

You know, getting paid for what you're already doing... thumbup.gif

Ell to truly do it costs a lot, and this would help

• Like 1