One Music One World

Please check out One Music One World and learn about the BIG idea of The Blue Devils.

:thumbup:

Great presentation. smile.gif

Please check out One Music One World and learn about the BIG idea of The Blue Devils.

:thumbup:

Jeff:

This would be wonderful to pull off. Can you enlighten us about the financial and instructional commitment Blue Devils is prepared to make to the cause? More people might come on board if they knew more about the plans. Good luck with this!

There are a number of videos on the website linked in the Blue Devils' proposal website and you can find more videos via Google from the Field Band Association. I just watched a few for the first time. There is something powerful and wonderful going on here and it falls right into what many discuss regarding getting drum corps to the people. Throw in a few Blue Devils' members and instructors (and those from other corps) and this whole thing has the possibility of touching an unlimited number of lives for the better.

Bravo, Blue Devils' organization.

This is a tremendous thing to do for these kids. i have taught many of these South African exchange students at Pioneer and they are talented and very hard working. It is tough at the end of the summer after spending time here...watching them sadly depart for their homes in South Africa. I appreciate what the Blue Devils organization is doing for this venture. I would bet that Allan Murray is somehow involved with this BIG IDEA.

Risking that I may sound like I am patting myself on the back, (which is not the case), I have sent music that I have arranged to these guys I taught as a donation to this endeavor for a few years, and I still keep in contact with many of these students. I sent a bunch of arrangements recently to my friend Peter that is now the director of one of these "bands".

Not to take away from the Blue Devils organization at all, but Roman Blenski has been bringing students from South Africa to Pioneer for many years now. I sincerely hope that this doesnt affect their relationship to the Field Band Foundation, as it has been good for both sides.

Good Job Blue Devils!

Donny Allen

• Like 1

This is a tremendous thing to do for these kids. i have taught many of these South African exchange students at Pioneer and they are talented and very hard working. It is tough at the end of the summer after spending time here...watching them sadly depart for their homes in South Africa. I appreciate what the Blue Devils organization is doing for this venture. I would bet that Allan Murray is somehow involved with this BIG IDEA.

Risking that I may sound like I am patting myself on the back, (which is not the case), I have sent music that I have arranged to these guys I taught as a donation to this endeavor for a few years, and I still keep in contact with many of these students. I sent a bunch of arrangements recently to my friend Peter that is now the director of one of these "bands".

Not to take away from the Blue Devils organization at all, but Roman Blenski has been bringing students from South Africa to Pioneer for many years now. I sincerely hope that this doesnt affect their relationship to the Field Band Foundation, as it has been good for both sides.

Good Job Blue Devils!

Donny Allen

Yes, I would like to commend you, Roman, Pioneer, and Al Murray for the fantastic work you have already done with the Field Band

Foundation. You have made an incredible difference in the lives of kids who really need it.

For me, this is both the evolution of drum corps by going global AND drum corps returning to its roots by re-engaging in at-risk youth development.

We shouldn't just be about competition and servicing elite students. All kids have much to gain from drum corps. Youth development done in

a modern fashion.

Probably because it is one of the more logistically-feasible sub-Saharan African countries one could work with for a program like BD's. Having lived in Mozambique as a peace corps volunteer for over two years, and having traveled throughout the area, SA provides an infrastructure that doesn't exist in its neighbors. It is still very poor, and lacks many human resources, but it has roads, communications, a reliable(ish) bureaucracy, and a certain modernity that has yet to spread to Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and to a lesser extent Malawi and Zambia. SA is a good springboard. I think the kids would better "get" what BD is attempting and respond enthusiastically. However, there are other African countries that I could see being suited for a program such as this. Ghana, Kenya, Botswana come to mind. Gotta start somewhere....

Plus The Field Band Foundation already exists, and is functional. This is just adding to what is already a work in progress, rather just starting something from scratch. Some of these kids are talented enough to possibly make the Blue Devils with proper training. They can go back and be leaders of their own groups with this type of experience.

Donny