Arkansas Thunder Expanding Staff

Due to expanding needs, Arkansas Thunder has open the following staff positions:

Percussion:

One non-performing Front Ensemble Instructor

One non-performing Battery Technician

Send your qualifications to Mike Herron, Percussion Caption Head at the.herrons@live.com

Brass:

One non-performing Brass Technician

One Visual Technician (you can march)

Send your qualifications to Patrick Laxson, Program Coordinator at execdirector@arkansasthunder.org

The sooner you send us something, the better!!!

Just wondering when is your evaluation with DCA and are you planing on completing the 2011 season in DCA contest ?

I believe they were evaluated on the 21st... and passed?

I thought the same thing. That they had passed already. But, on the DCA site it mention's both, "Tampa Bay Thunder" and "Windsor Regiment" as Two, new Corps.

AND. That the "Sunrisers" will be returning.

OK, " Arkansas Thunder " and/or " DCA ". Help us out. Let us know if we are right or not.

From the Arkansas Thunder Site on Facebook:

Amber Elizabeth

Greetings All ~

I'm sure you all have been anxiously waiting for the results....

I won't hold it in any longer ~

Sorry to inform you that you will have to put up with me more..... hehe BECAUSE,

ARKANSAS THUNDER IS NOW a member of DRUM CORPS ASSOCIATES ;)

It was great being able to meet most of the members! Please do not take it personally if I do not remember all of your names when I see you at the MN shows!

Please continue to maintain the work ethic that I had seen at the rehearsals! Trust your directors, staff, support staff, they will take this organization to new levels! Enjoy what shall be the ride of your life ;)

If there are any questions that you may have through out the season, please feel free to contact me! I am here to guide you to success!

Hope you have a successful and dry Memorial Day Weekend camp, and a great summer!

Amber

Edited by IrishPat99

Congratulations to Arkansas Thunder! Great to have another corps in the mix. Two questions for you... Are you guys coming to Rochester and are you gonna go Open Class or Class A?

From the Arkansas Thunder Site on Facebook:

Amber Elizabeth

Greetings All ~

I'm sure you all have been anxiously waiting for the results....

I won't hold it in any longer ~

Sorry to inform you that you will have to put up with me more..... hehe BECAUSE,

ARKANSAS THUNDER IS NOW a member of DRUM CORPS ASSOCIATES ;)

It was great being able to meet most of the members! Please do not take it personally if I do not remember all of your names when I see you at the MN shows!

Please continue to maintain the work ethic that I had seen at the rehearsals! Trust your directors, staff, support staff, they will take this organization to new levels! Enjoy what shall be the ride of your life ;)

If there are any questions that you may have through out the season, please feel free to contact me! I am here to guide you to success!

Hope you have a successful and dry Memorial Day Weekend camp, and a great summer!

Amber

Congrats to our Arkansas friends. I have been told they will be attending the championship in Rochester.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I have been without computer for 3 days as we were at our Memorial Day Weekend Camp. We will be in Rochester competing in Class A this year. We will also perform at 2 shows in Minnesota and 2 in Arkansas in July. Percussion and Guard are full.

That being said, we could use about 6 more brass players and we need them soon. If you guys have any friends in East Texas, Western Tennessee, Southern Missouri, Eastern Oklahoma, Northern Louisiana and of course...Arkansas - please have them contact me directly:

execdirector@arkansasthunder.org

We need

3 trumpets

1 mellophone

2 baritones

If we can add that, we are set to go for an awesome season.

Thank you all so much - see you on the 50!!!