did you see the drummers on american idol?

I saw drummers on american idol last night was just wondering if they were bd drummers. The drums and stick had lights on them looked awesome.

I saw drummers on american idol last night was just wondering if they were bd drummers. The drums and stick had lights on them looked awesome.

Anybody know who they were? Reminded me a little of Top Secret

->

Seeing as they never played, it was hard to tell. As the heights only existed at two levels (low and really high), my guess was it was West Coast. But they never played so it was clearly just for show and could be anyone. My guess is BD Entertainment.

Saw that, and it was a cool idea, but if you look closely as you listen either they were each playing only a part of the book OR it was a sound track with 'dancers' playing the part of drummers.

I'm betting the latter......

Former Spirit of Atlanta drum caption head Tom Float put it together, I believe. Here's what he posted on his facebook page a couple of days ago:

American Idol Finals tomorrow, May 24. Tama snare drummers look extremely cool with Taio Cruz. Tama people did a great job. Neil Larivee from Firth supplied the LED sticks.Bruce Jacoby from Remo supplied the heads for custom LED lit drums. Thanks to Taio Cruz, J B Blot, and Cristin Beavers. You all rock. Special thanks to the drummers and Ken Hoshino of Tama. I am very honored to work with all of you, Tom.

and this morning:

Problems with Taio Cruz's microphone during show and a little problem hearing the track at the beginning because the audience was so loud. Drummers did a great job especially looking through those helmets. Things happen when ...it's a live show. Could have been way worse. I'm very happy overall. We only found out about the gig a few days ago and I had 2 days to write and teach all of the choreography. Pretty crazy, Tom.

By drummers you mean "drummers".

I don't think they ever actually played.