2011 Prediction Thread!

So let me get this strait? U think that Hurricanes are going to drop out of the top 5 this season? wow. That is a bold prediction. Please share how you logically came to that conclution???That would be interesting but I do not see it happening. They would have to drop almost 8 points for that to happen.

I've not seen any corps outside the top 5 that are executing their show clean enough to break into the top 5. Further more the top 5 have some consistency in ALL captions across tHe board.

Recaps give us a road map follow.

I think the judges have the spreads about where they want them and fwiw I think Thayer are probably more representative of the activity as in years past. Probably more accurate too.

I think if anything the top 5 corps will pull away a little more from the bottom of the pack. Not much but some. One of the reasons I site this is field coverage. THE top 5 corps will seem notably larger and cover more of the field accelerating the visual scores once the judges see them all on a given weekend. Further more from what I have seen and had reported to me they are doing things much cleaner.Add all of that up and I think u can only come to one conclusion ,

Like I said, I could see 4-6 being in any order. What you are not recognizing is that each year Alliance has been in Open Class, they have jumped around 5 points from their last show. With the amount of growth they have show since their first scores, to now... I think they can make a larger jump. They are the darkhorse in my mind. With that being said, I could also see Cabs dropping out or no one changing in places 4-6 right now. I think each of those groups have a weakness, but I do think Alliance has a bigger weakness in their guard.

We will see. It is my prediction and I am not changing it.

It's pretty easy to see MBI's entire show. DCI posted the whole thing free on the Fan Network:

http://dci.thefannetwork.org/?vod_id=770ad2d9-4a94-4c91-b4dc-849c78a30431&mode=viral

It's early in the season (July 17), missing about 15 people (most of them horns) and later visuals/music, but it still shows that the corps rarely stands still and is often booking when it's on the move.

Thanks for the link. I watched the show twice. You actually think this corps rarely stands still? Really?? Again...I watched it twice and they stand still A LOT! Worse yet, the stand stills are telegraphed. I predict MBI wil finish second and it will be drill that kills 'em. But hey, don't take my word for it...just check the recaps on Monday.

Like I said, I could see 4-6 being in any order. What you are not recognizing is that each year Alliance has been in Open Class, they have jumped around 5 points from their last show. With the amount of growth they have show since their first scores, to now... I think they can make a larger jump. They are the darkhorse in my mind. With that being said, I could also see Cabs dropping out or no one changing in places 4-6 right now. I think each of those groups have a weakness, but I do think Alliance has a bigger weakness in their guard.

We will see. It is my prediction and I am not changing it.

And what u don't recognize is those corps are going to see a jump also.

Thanks for the link. I watched the show twice. You actually think this corps rarely stands still? Really?? Again...I watched it twice and they stand still A LOT! Worse yet, the stand stills are telegraphed. I predict MBI wil finish second and it will be drill that kills 'em. But hey, don't take my word for it...just check the recaps on Monday.

What ever dude. I'm glad you're not a judge.

• Like 1

:ph34r:

You may think this a park-n-bark show, but I can tell you of MBI shows from 20 years ago that were more demanding visually than most of the top 5. It is now a 'package deal'..They have all the elements now to stand on the top of DCA.

If after seeing a video twice, you are SO convinced that they will be spread in visual or GE, I suspect it will be closer than you might think..

You remember that query about counting ones chickens...

And what u don't recognize is those corps are going to see a jump also.

Sure... I guess I don't...

So, if they jump up the same amount Hurcs should be in contention for the title with close to a 97. I won't try to rationalize my prediction...

...but that is still what I think.

Everyone has their own opinions.

In my opinion, starting and stopping is more demanding than constantly moving. The halts they have in the show really go with the music so I think it works. Also what that video does not show is every halt now has some sort of body movement, so its not like they are doing nothing.

Best if luck this weekend to all corps!

Everyone has their own opinions.

In my opinion, starting and stopping is more demanding than constantly moving. The halts they have in the show really go with the music so I think it works. Also what that video does not show is every halt now has some sort of body movement, so its not like they are doing nothing.

Best if luck this weekend to all corps!

They are obviously doing something right. Moving around a bunch does not mean you are going to win. There are plenty of other groups doing that this year that are not scoring as well as MBI.

They are obviously doing something right. Moving around a bunch does not mean you are going to win. There are plenty of other groups doing that this year that are not scoring as well as MBI.

Moving and not crashing into each other is a real plus.

• Like 1