Which Corps has the Fittest Members?

Its okay, my younger marching friend. I once marched in one of those easier shows as well, and thought at the time that it was one of the hardest things I had ever done, which it was...before I moved on to a larger, more competitive corps and realized that there was another level.

Take this for example - The area in which I live has many students that start at the Jersey Surf and eventually make their way to corps like Carolina Crown, Cadets, and Blue Devils. I am sure that the marchers feel that their show at Surf is very hard, up until they march at an incredible level with one of these three upper echelon drum corps. I am not sure if you have aged out, but I would recommend looking into the difficulty level of the top corps, as it will probably blow your mind!

There is only one corps that I would affiliate myself with, and I did for the last two years of my eligibility. i can admit the 2009 show that we were given was not up to par with the rest of the finals field, but the show we put on the field in 2008 was a very very difficult show to perform. I could go on and on about how difficult it was but it doesn't matter since you obviously think that our shows were a piece of cake to perform. I don't really care what your opinion on our difficulty is anymore because I know first hand that you are wrong.

Well the troll wins the day, thanks to those of you who fell into his traps. On the topic at hand, Phantom is VERY fit this year. I have seen it with my own eyes. Maybe 2 hornline members "overweight" at most. But they gotta be eating their spinach over there.

Well the troll wins the day, thanks to those of you who fell into his traps. On the topic at hand, Phantom is VERY fit this year. I have seen it with my own eyes. Maybe 2 hornline members "overweight" at most. But they gotta be eating their spinach over there.

I know...I realized about five seconds after my last post that I had forgone my policy to not negotiate with trolls...

• Like 1

I think the fans are the most fit of the drum corps world followed closely by the directors of the corps, now pass me the nachos and another couple of dogs

*Burp*

I think my shoes just became un-Velcroed

• Like 1

Hey guys....

No one mentioned INT as the most fittest corps. Chuck Norris is their athletic trainer.

The corps is so athletic and fit that they don't even run. The ground runs under them.

Edited by bccadet09
  • Like 1

There is only one corps that I would affiliate myself with, and I did for the last two years of my eligibility. i can admit the 2009 show that we were given was not up to par with the rest of the finals field, but the show we put on the field in 2008 was a very very difficult show to perform. I could go on and on about how difficult it was but it doesn't matter since you obviously think that our shows were a piece of cake to perform. I don't really care what your opinion on our difficulty is anymore because I know first hand that you are wrong.

No one said your shows were EASY. Not once. Stop being defensive. You marched Madison. Awesome.

• Like 1

The men vs women thing is not a factor of how much muscle they have, or how mentally fit they are (wtf ever on that one, jeez - women can give birth...could you?), but of body structure. Women have to condition more to march, because their bone structure is different and their bodies are not built to march. With careful conditioning this can be (and is) overcome, but women and girls are more likely to suffer from lower extremity injuries. If by "break down" you mean physically break/get injured, then yeah - women are more susceptible, and staff need to be aware of this and look for the signs. Unfortunately, a lot of women are mentally tougher than guys and will tough it out more than they should.

The military has decades of study on this very subject, and it all points to what I am saying.

• Like 1