Crossmen 2011

++

Love the design! Love the show! Thank you Crossmen! thumbup.gif

I've only seen them on Fan Network, but I do like this year's show. I honestly liked their show last year as well, but I kinda think of if like this:

there is a time to experiment, and there is a time to go back to what's worked in the past. Crossmen are doing the latter, and they are BRINGING IT as far as performance is concerned! I can't wait to see them Finals week!!

I saw some people yesterday... I got the impression that they were enjoying the show and many are planning to come back. This is crucial. The Crossmen were building something a few years ago... moved in 2007, built into 2008 where they almost made finals, but then show design missed in 2009 and a bunch of people left. You simply cannot keep starting over every year with huge amounts of rookies if you want to climb the ladder.

They also need to find some staff consistency.

If this year's staff stays on for 2012, they are definitely on the right track.

I heard there were only four brass age-outs, unless some of the ones that just came in to fill holes are aging out.

You know, there are some days when it is good to be wrong! Only four positions available is even better than seven. Go Bones!

Just spent some time as a volunteer with the Crossmen. Great drum corps show and standing ovation at all 4 shows I attended because the audience gets it. Nothing but good things to say about this corps. The members are fed very well, their transportation is top notch and the staff this year is great. Lot's of momentum is building with this corps.

BackBeat

saw this picture on facebook... Spirit's judge blockers

284018_1955988147616_1480080170_31811607_975131_n.jpg

NIce that they snuck that in there! I absolutely love the tradition between the two corps. And they are always close in competition (hell I think they should be right next to each other this year). And I'm glad to hear mass brass has once again happened!

NIce that they snuck that in there! I absolutely love the tradition between the two corps. And they are always close in competition (hell I think they should be right next to each other this year). And I'm glad to hear mass brass has once again happened!

idont get the referrence? is the the 2 x's??

one more question. Can someone please explain the part in spinning wheel with the slide whistle after the trumpet duet? why do they pose and run toward the center and jump back

?